Exhaust bypass

Terryg

14 hours ago, Terryg said:

Carried out the Crios mod and combined with the de snorkel I am quite happy for now, reserve the right to change my mind of course!

I was tempted with this mod as well as the bypass mod but chickened out

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/08/2017 at 11:00 PM, pquadro said:

Cool!

Do you have a sound clip of it? I'm on the fence between hayward and Scott and revolution... need to justify hs being double the price?

Sorry, not blanking you, I've been out of the country for a while! I don't have a sound recording, but given that all these mods are a similar design concept I'd be surprised if there was a lot between them in terms of sound. I guess the diameter of the bypass pipes will perhaps influence volume a bit?

Paying double the amount at H&S certainly sounds a big chunk of change to swallow so I understand your reservations! All I can do is reiterate I'm very happy with my H&S bypass. That being said, I'm sure wherever you go you'll be happy with the end result. Good luck and happy by-passing!

8 hours ago, Southy said:

I was tempted with this mod as well as the bypass mod but chickened out

I went to about 14mm, definitely think it would be unwise to go any bigger, I started about 10mm and there is a significant difference in volume between the two, I am just the right side of drone right now but only just I think.

3 hours ago, Terryg said:

I went to about 14mm, definitely think it would be unwise to go any bigger, I started about 10mm and there is a significant difference in volume between the two, I am just the right side of drone right now but only just I think.

I went 10mm but it's given me the results I didn't really want. 

I wanted a nicer nicer more exciting noise on start up, which I got but when I go past 3k Revs it just sounds standard. 

I am really considering the bypass mod and hoping that will happen through the month. I've been shown a few places locally that do nice work. 

21 hours ago, DHT said:

Sorry, not blanking you, I've been out of the country for a while! I don't have a sound recording, but given that all these mods are a similar design concept I'd be surprised if there was a lot between them in terms of sound. I guess the diameter of the bypass pipes will perhaps influence volume a bit?

Paying double the amount at H&S certainly sounds a big chunk of change to swallow so I understand your reservations! All I can do is reiterate I'm very happy with my H&S bypass. That being said, I'm sure wherever you go you'll be happy with the end result. Good luck and happy by-passing!

No worries

I have put this on the side and thinking to get a Fabspeed instead...

On 31/08/2017 at 10:43 AM, 986CKY said:

I went 10mm but it's given me the results I didn't really want. 

I wanted a nicer nicer more exciting noise on start up, which I got but when I go past 3k Revs it just sounds standard. 

I am really considering the bypass mod and hoping that will happen through the month. I've been shown a few places locally that do nice work. 

That's why I went bigger than 10mm. Wait until you hear mine you can decide then whether it's for you or you need the bypass. Baggers car put me off it and he isn't totally happy either.

Fabspeed is just loud with a bit of drone. If you want to pay handsomely for a US imported exhaust like that then fair enough.

50 minutes ago, Terryg said:

That's why I went bigger than 10mm. Wait until you hear mine you can decide then whether it's for you or you need the bypass. Baggers car put me off it and he isn't totally happy either.

Good shout. 

Archived