Another insurance scam

Well we know there is a racket in hire cars after an accident. But who'd have thought there was a scam in disputing the value of those hire cars?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/16/expert-witnesses-jailed-perjury-cost-replacement-cars-insurance?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Following my experience of the systematic insurance scams being perpurtrated by the insurance companies, the claim management companies and their myriad of parasitic partners, I would have been far more surprised if the 'independant assessors' had been found to be kosher!

Why is the car insurance industry so fecked up? It just seems to attract dubious business practises and outright con men (and women). I suppose it's a big business with lots of money flowing around and so everyone wants a cut of the action.

3 hours ago, Nobbie said:

Why is the car insurance industry so fecked up? It just seems to attract dubious business practises and outright con men (and women). I suppose it's a big business with lots of money flowing around and so everyone wants a cut of the action.

It's simple - whatever insurance companies have to pay out following a claim (repairs, total loss, medical costs, hire charges, travel expenses, loss of earnings - the list is endless...), get charged to the cash-cow at the end of the chain, the motorist, when they pay their premium!

12 hours ago, chrishak said:

It's simple - whatever insurance companies have to pay out following a claim (repairs, total loss, medical costs, hire charges, travel expenses, loss of earnings - the list is endless...), get charged to the cash-cow at the end of the chain, the motorist, when they pay their premium!

This.   The fact that insurance is mandatory means the scope is almost limitless for people who want to bleed the system. 

Archived