I've done a job and created another!!!

bally4563

Whilst replacing front pads and discs yesterday, near side calipers bolt sheared off, whist undoing?? Was obviously tight, applied some heat but to no avail.

Drilled it out and re tapped the thread, now need a bolt, so off the road for a bit until I can source one.........Don't you just love Porsches!!!!????

3 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Whilst replacing front pads and discs yesterday, near side calipers bolt sheared off, whist undoing?? Was obviously tight, applied some heat but to no avail.

Drilled it out and re tapped the thread, now need a bolt, so off the road for a bit until I can source one.........Don't you just love Porsches!!!!????

Join the club! At least, you knew how to avoid spending big bucks... 

Yep gone down the 911 route 3 ish quid for a bolt that works out with vat and delivery a tenner!!!!!! Perhaps if they altered there strategy on the best way to rip folks off, maybe only maybe they would sell more??

32 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Yep gone down the 911 route 3 ish quid for a bolt that works out with vat and delivery a tenner!!!!!! Perhaps if they altered there strategy on the best way to rip folks off, maybe only maybe they would sell more??

I recently looked to them for two small bushes, over £15 with delivery. £6 from OPC ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived