Cats BLOODY Cats

John2000

Just took  the cover off my 986 and yet again I can see five new scratches the next doors cats have made jumping on the car when I'm not looking.

I need to have it repeated but because the bodywork was not the best before the cats started digging in their claws.

So I just can't pay our all that money just to see the local cats rip it to bits again.

I know what I would like to do but I would get locked up, have you guys any ideas on at my wits end.?

Are you sure its cats and not a fox? Cats tend to retract their claws on harder surfaces. I have 2 cats. Rarely but from time to time they go on a car but they never seem to scratch. They leave the scratching to other things in the house :D   If the cover is loose and thin then I can see how they might claw into the cover for grip to climb up. If there is no cover they would just jump straight up. Solution, just leave the cover off?

2 hours ago, jonogt6 said:

Hmmm I'm not really sure. I'd imagine a thicker 4 layer cover like the storm force type would keep it protected....unless you're already using that sort?

Just checked out the stirmforce one for the 986 and they work out at £150 so if others on here also recommend this one I will go for that when I get round to getting it resorayed I'm still all my money getting it mechanically up to speed. 

Thanks jonogt6

2 hours ago, edc said:

Are you sure its cats and not a fox? Cats tend to retract their claws on harder surfaces. I have 2 cats. Rarely but from time to time they go on a car but they never seem to scratch. They leave the scratching to other things in the house :D   If the cover is loose and thin then I can see how they might claw into the cover for grip to climb up. If there is no cover they would just jump straight up. Solution, just leave the cover off?

Good point edc I'll look into the stormforce one jonogt6 mentioned unless someone can recommend a better one

6 hours ago, Higgy said:

Suggest one of these attached to the car as shown works wonders.

cat.jpg

That has be the best deterrent I've seen, unless the cat wants to get frisky, but I suppose it would get an even bigger suprise when it went pop.

Nice McLaren in the back ground.

I hear you - I keep seeing their "paw prints" on the fabric. And they love to scratch furniture, too. 

Riding motorcycles in SE Asia, peeing dogs cause problems, too. Drive past some territorial alpha dogs with the whiff of other dogs and they will attack you! 

12 hours ago, the baron said:

That has be the best deterrent I've seen, unless the cat wants to get frisky, but I suppose it would get an even bigger suprise when it went pop.

Nice McLaren in the back ground.

I thought exactly the same. Genuine even if slightly eccentric. I also spotted the orange 570S ?

14 hours ago, the baron said:

I suppose it would get an even bigger suprise when it went pop.

At which point the claws come out to get grip for a fast getaway.

Done that, got the scratches on my Impreza bonnet to prove it.

My Boxster lives in the garage so no cat issues.

My biggest bugbear living by the seaside however is the HUGE seagulls we seem to get here, I frequently come out of the house to find one of the other cars looking like someone has thrown a bucket of white gritty paint over it.  I just live in fear of something like that landing in the convertible when I am out and about - I did come close last summer when a pint sized dump hit the bonnet and windscreen - that was buttock clenching :( 

Sorry I know :offtopic:

Just now, Menoporsche said:

Wonder if one could train seagulls to attack cats?

It could work... or you might just end up with a sticky mess of seagull poo and car hair setting like carbon fibre on your pride and joy :lol:

My solution although rather drastic was to buy a hardtop, although my car is garaged, it has no doors as it is an old stable so the buggers still get in.

No paw prints now, although first few days there were, once the vermin realised there's not a nice warm soft bed on top of the car anymore they don't bother.

7 hours ago, the baron said:

My solution although rather drastic was to buy a hardtop, although my car is garaged, it has no doors as it is an old stable so the buggers still get in.

No paw prints now, although first few days there were, once the vermin realised there's not a nice warm soft bed on top of the car anymore they don't bother.

Quoted for emphasis. I feel exactly the same way.

I do feel somethimes the said vermin just run over the car out of pure spite. It was quite cool and damp this morning, with condensation / beading, but it was obvious a four legged creature had jumped up at one end and walked along the length of the car...

There are pawprints on the Polo which lives on the road too.

Too many cats, all of which seem to congregate next door. They've got at least four. And two German Shepherds and a Belgian Shepherd, one of which was howling at 2am (TBF, they don't cause a nuisance at night). Went round and knocked the next day - the idiots had gone on holiday and (presumably) their mum was zoo-sitting. "Wasn't one of these dogs - find another dog". She must think I'm stupid....

We had the same problem as cats love a soft top, found the solution for us was an ultrasonic ca repellant like the following one fro Amazon;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004SGC75S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since installing this no cats on the soft top and reasonably cheap at about £15.

18 hours ago, StephenM said:

We had the same problem as cats love a soft top, found the solution for us was an ultrasonic ca repellant like the following one fro Amazon;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004SGC75S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since installing this no cats on the soft top and reasonably cheap at about £15.

@StephenM

Hi Stephen I bought one like this but the cats just p'd on it mine had two 9v batteries what is in yours. If you say it work I will give it a go thanks.

Archived