79 Yr old Ticketed For Going 147 MPH in 981 GTS

Stuart21UK

https://jalopnik.com/79-year-old-ticketed-for-going-147-mph-because-she-coul-1797169744

A 79-year-old woman in Belgium was ticketed after a speed trap caught her going over 147 mph around midnight in a Porsche Boxster GTS. Her reasoning in court was that she went for a drive because she “could not sleep.”

The woman was ticketed for for speeding in June of last year, according to the Gazet Van Antwerpen, but faced the charge in court this week. She was reportedly asked if someone else was driving, but she said nope, it was her, and she just couldn’t sleep so she went to clear her head.

According to the report, she did claim she wasn’t aware she was going that fast, but she didn’t fight the ticket. With nothing else on her record, she was fined over $4,600 and issued a three month driving ban.

I worry to think of what high crimes and misdemeanors she’ll turn to now to clear her head if she can’t go for a brisk 150 mph drive. Beware.

For a moment I read that as 174mph, at which point I thought "Respect for maxing the thing out!"

Then I read it again and realised she was "only"  doing 147mph...at which point I thought "She may as well have been shot for a sheep as a lamb!

5 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

No, I've had 150 mph out of my GTS with the roof up no problem at all!

Yeah just doing some digging I think it’s just the Spyder that’s limited in terms of maximum recommended roof up speed due to the roof design ? 

Err I presume 150mph was in Germany? ?

Archived