New 986 Owner

Clivescoobydo

Hi all,

Just acquired my first Porsche a 2002, Boxster S, 2 previous owners, 39K miles.  Haven't had to do much, as the previous owner was a Porsche enthusiast (had a lovely air cooled 911 under wraps), other than replace the boot badges, lower spoilers and take a couple of dings out of the boot lid, rear wheel arch.  I've come from a Golf R, Impreza WRX and have to say the Porsche is first car in while I actually want to go and just drive :D.  Imho not as quick but far more engaging and great sound. Dont plan to do much other than keep it tip top and parked outside as I have other 2 wheel toys.

IMG_6591.JPG

IMG_6592.JPG

IMG_6593.JPG

IMG_6594.JPG

IMG_6596.JPG

IMG_6597.JPG

IMG_6598.JPG

Meant to also say I will replace all 4 tyres at some point, its currently got Pirelli Pzero's (well worn) on the rear and Dunlops on the front, don't really know the history. Inquired at my local Porsche Independent GT One and they quoted £600ish fitted for Pirelli P Zero's all round. Michelins were about another £180 so will probably go with Pirelli's as I rate them as a motorcycle tyre.

Looks pretty clean overall and a nice buy. I've got some lighter mats that might suit your grey interior better if you want a swap ? If GT One is your local then there are a good few tyre places around who will be at lest as competitive. For what it's worth I much prefer Michelin tyre feel over Pirelli. Keep an eye out for the local meets. Next one at Blackbushe. 

Boxster is certainly not the fastest car around in terms of power and straight line speed but it's a nice car to drive fast if that makes sense. 

If you're going to park it outside make sure the drains are clean and clear and that the door membranes are good. 

Hi all, thanks for the welcome.

EDC - definitely interested in the matt swap, can't understand why the previous owner got that colour. I think they are genuine and in new condition, hope yours are to? GT One are local but would be interested in recommended tyre places in the Surrey area, thanks.  Thanks also for the drain tips and I'll keep an eye out for the meets.

JohnnyUK - I''ll be adding some miles as its my driver but not to many and yes sadly I'm as an*l as the previous owner about keeping things tiptop. I'm probably tempting fate here but.............wispering 'no faults codes'............yet.

Nice looking car. Use the How To section on here, and it’s amazing what you can find out on YouTube etc about these great cars. Welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived