Hard Top Harness

Blumr2

Hey All, Just fitted a hardtop for winter and noted i could not see the 3 pin plug thats listed a lot on the left side under the micro switch for the delisted ?

Were these fitted to all 98-02 or only if a Hardtop was factory optioned ?

I have found a harness adaptor listed 98661208300 and cover connector plate 98661033300 do i need to maybe add these parts to plug the roof harness into ?

there is a 3 pins plug in the back left corner of the boot area behind the carpet that looks free, guess i could put a multi meter on that and test when the mirrors are in heated mode.

thanks for the help and comments.

The other end of the plug from the hard top should plug in on the nearside just behind the seatbelt and near where the spinlocks are. If you have an early car with plastic window then there won't be a plug in that space as the plastic window isn't heated (obviously!)

15 minutes ago, Blumr2 said:

Hey All, Just fitted a hardtop for winter and noted i could not see the 3 pin plug thats listed a lot on the left side under the micro switch for the delisted ?

Were these fitted to all 98-02 or only if a Hardtop was factory optioned ?

I have found a harness adaptor listed 98661208300 and cover connector plate 98661033300 do i need to maybe add these parts to plug the roof harness into ?

there is a 3 pins plug in the back left corner of the boot area behind the carpet that looks free, guess i could put a multi meter on that and test when the mirrors are in heated mode.

thanks for the help and comments.

Mine is wired for the heated screen although it had a plastic soft top - check here before spending any money, it might be pre-wired.

34fgzte.jpg

I seem to recall my 2002 the plug was just under that plastic top cover when I had the glass roof upgrade.

Best have a good look before ordering a "special order" part from Porsche !

So thats the plastic plate that the microswitch in on and its underneath that ? that piece is on the top of the side carpet panel thats fun to get in and out when mounting the rear speakers !! lol

I'm sure I gained access without removing the carpet panel.

is that plastic cover not spring loaded, ie poke it with your finger ? I can't remember now but I don't' recall I needed any tools

9 minutes ago, Blumr2 said:

So thats the plastic plate that the microswitch in on and its underneath that ? that piece is on the top of the side carpet panel thats fun to get in and out when mounting the rear speakers !! lol

Yes, this might help a bit, struggling find anything with more pictures though, I can always take a picture tonight, I think it has a cover as standard and you just remove it to reveal this.

post-4-1131075878.jpg

IMG_20130514_182810_6861368588784.jpg

Thank Southy, that one helps to know the cover and flap it may be under, I've had the side trim off a couple of times but hadn't noticed anything. Mines the last of the 02's before the facelift so has a few anomolies to her, they may have not added the extra harness and plate by this stage. Everyone with earlier ones seem to have it fitted std.

Never know what manufacturers are thinking at different building stages, i worked with Mazda for many years and 1/2 year models always had bits from both worlds on them at times.

always made it fun looking up parts.

As far as I am aware all 986's had them due to potential Hardtop purchase which all have heated glass windows, mine is one of the first in the UK being a a very early 1997 2.5 and it has this connector.

Hey All, Found it there was the little cover on top ( that originally i thought was to do with the roof micro switch down position ) but the elect plug had fallen out the bottom of the cover.

all pushed back in and connected.  So yep all there from factory on non hardtop models as well.

cheers All

23 minutes ago, Blumr2 said:

Hey All, Found it there was the little cover on top ( that originally i thought was to do with the roof micro switch down position ) but the elect plug had fallen out the bottom of the cover.

all pushed back in and connected.  So yep all there from factory on non hardtop models as well.

cheers All

Good stuff you can spend your money on something else Porsche related now  :)

Yep need a cover for the hardtop catch ! as we probably all do i have a waiting list of parts and bits to apply any misc fund towards !! lol

Archived