981 PCM Software

Higgy

9 minutes ago, steveyvuk said:

Can you check the map version?

Try pressing INFO+SOURCE at the same time - works on my PCM 3.0...

(Actually it does not but that's because my maps have not been updated!)

11 minutes ago, rowbos said:

Try pressing INFO+SOURCE at the same time - works on my PCM 3.0...

(Actually it does not but that's because my maps have not been updated!)

Hmm, interesting, will give that a go....

5 minutes ago, Higgy said:

Pressing Info+source does not, on my PCM3.1 Ver4.76,  give Map information, not even looking in the current system or history options offered.

Which might mean as I believe is the case for me that the map version is as installed at factory. So for me having a 2011 vehicle they are MY 2012 maps I have been told...

I had mine updated last week at Porsche Centre Portsmouth. Had the firmware updated from 4.41 to 4.76 and had the latest maps put on. It took all day!! Not really used the sat nav much yet, so haven’t noticed any differences, although there are now some updated roads and the Porsche Centre Portsmouth is on the POI list now! 

18 minutes ago, djy said:

I had mine updated last week at Porsche Centre Portsmouth. Had the firmware updated from 4.41 to 4.76 and had the latest maps put on. It took all day!! Not really used the sat nav much yet, so haven’t noticed any differences, although there are now some updated roads and the Porsche Centre Portsmouth is on the POI list now! 

Out of interest what did they sting you for that?

On 27/11/2017 at 5:38 PM, rowbos said:

Out of interest what did they sting you for that?

Nothing. I'd recently bought the car from another OPC and I asked them to make sure the sat nav was all up to date. I tried to take it to my local OPC (Portsmouth) on another matter, and noticed that Portsmouth Centre wasn't listed in the sat nav service centre POI's. So I complained that the sat nav was out of date and the OPC I bought it from agreed to pay for the maps and firmware update to be done at Portsmouth. 

In my opinion, when buying a used car from an OPC, it should really be up-to-date. They were very obliging when asked. 

4 hours ago, djy said:

Nothing. I'd recently bought the car from another OPC and I asked them to make sure the sat nav was all up to date. I tried to take it to my local OPC (Portsmouth) on another matter, and noticed that Portsmouth Centre wasn't listed in the sat nav service centre POI's. So I complained that the sat nav was out of date and the OPC I bought it from agreed to pay for the maps and firmware update to be done at Portsmouth. 

In my opinion, when buying a used car from an OPC, it should really be up-to-date. They were very obliging when asked. 

Fair enough :) And agreed from an OPC that should be a given...

On 11/29/2017 at 1:02 PM, djy said:

I'm having this exact same issue with Bristol OPC and my Boxster, I requested that the software be updated before I took delivery of the car, they fobbed me off and when it was delivered the software was on v3.41 which dates from around September 2012, Bristol are 'supposed' to be arranging with Portsmouth (my local OPC) to get this updated, although no joy as yet....

24 minutes ago, steveyvuk said:

I'm having this exact same issue with Bristol OPC and my Boxster, I requested that the software be updated before I took delivery of the car, they fobbed me off and when it was delivered the software was on v3.41 which dates from around September 2012, Bristol are 'supposed' to be arranging with Portsmouth (my local OPC) to get this updated, although no joy as yet....

Oh right, well Porsche Portsmouth were great in helping it get sorted for me. 

They also did some other warranty work for me, the valves on the Porsche Sports Exhaust was seized so they replaced it for me. They just did the updates whilst fitting the exhaust. Takes ages, but you just start it off and leave it to update. 

Very interesting re Map updates- I enquired re local OPC earlier this year to be given a price of around £300+VAT and then asked re the date of the update - the latest maps were November 2015 so already almost 2 years old so I politely declined.  I accept the software update can take many hours but OPC seem to want to charge an hourly labour rate for that as the car is taking up workshop space and someone has to "watch over" - so well done for blagging a free update ! 

Mine took 3.5 hours yesterday for software and maps. 

The roundabout on the A331 that took a year to be converted to traffic light junction, and was finally completed this time last year....that's still a roundabout on the new update !

Oh and whilst I now have full postcode search, it doesn't find any houses in my street with a 1 in the number !!???!!

I've been advised there is a new map release early in the new year, and was quoted somewhat less than the £300+Vat that Jaxbox has been for the install. So it seems it might be worth phoning various OPCs for a best price if thinking about getting this done.

4 hours ago, Higgy said:

I've been advised there is a new map release early in the new year, and was quoted somewhat less than the £300+Vat that Jaxbox has been for the install. So it seems it might be worth phoning various OPCs for a best price if thinking about getting this done.

@Higgy Who told you about the new map release?  The OPCs I spoke to could not tell me. Any idea what time scale/date?   I’m holding out for this.   My best price currently is £260 inc vat.  For software and maps on a PCM 3.0 upgrade.  

Cheers.  

RRP is £350 + fitting

Historically there has often been £150 deals mentioned on here. 

From my experience in the last week , OPC's can vary is many ways and one shouldn't assume they are tied by the same rules.  They are inspected by head office once a quarter and fined even for dirty forecourt cars !

2 hours ago, rowbos said:

@Higgy Who told you about the new map release?  The OPCs I spoke to coukd it tell me. Any idea what time scale/date?   I’m holding out for this.   My best price currently is £260 inc vat.  For software and maps on a PCM 3.0 upgrade.  

Cheers.  

My OPC - who have been very reliable in the past. As regards timing  they just said early next year 

Archived