First post in this subsection, and it's a question

Patt

On the drive home last night the little red light indicating the doors are locked annoyed the hell out of me, especially as it reflected in the windscreen too.

Can this be turned off by me in a menus omewhere, or even the Porsche computer ?

Or do I stick some permanent marker over the LED, as I have done on so many TV's in the past ?

It took me 10 minutes to workout how to turn off BST before I set off - not the most obvious of interface on the PCM is it !

I've never noticed it to be fair but I'm sure some one will be along to help Pat :)

I'll RTFMs tomorrow Ian.  But I'm out for the usual pint with mates tonight, so I know it'll annoy me again.

It does seem silly to stick an LED to far into up the dash.  Perhaps it's located more sensibly if you don't have the analogue clock ?

Not seen it anywhere in the menu. Lots of USA owners covered it with a dark film.  They have fixed this on the 718, it's down on the centre console.

Yeh you can’t disable the light as such but you can either disable auto locking or a little bit of electrical tape can be positioned so you get no reflection but can still see the light from driving position. As said the 718 models move this down to near the gear-lever, it’s not something that bothers me though.

Actually I find the reflection of the headlight switch gear red light (when set to auto) more distracting at night as it reflects in the wing mirrror! The fix is obvious ;) but the design lacks attention to detail.

I noticed while clearing snow of her yesterday, the auto lock LED is also the flashing "alarm on" LED.

Thus a bit of a tint is not going to be the fix - I'll just turn off the auto lock when I get a chance to set up my personal preferences.

18 minutes ago, Patt said:

I noticed while clearing snow of her yesterday, the auto lock LED is also the flashing "alarm on" LED.

Thus a bit of a tint is not going to be the fix - I'll just turn off the auto lock when I get a chance to set up my personal preferences.

One of the features i hate on a car is that, auto lock. Had it on my last car and it had to be coded out, luckily i had the software. 

I tried a couple of times to turn off the auto lock function on Molly - she refused to comply :-D

I relied on the alarm light to know if she was locked.  Thinking about it , Alice has the auto fold mirrors to remind me - so I could tint out the LED.

Archived