Ice on the inside of the windscreen

MH82

I've got this on my 107, but that's got a blown heater matrix. Could be a number of things, have you checked the carpets and door bottoms for dampness? The other issue could just be using it on shortish journeys and getting in with wet shoes etc. If the car interior doesn't get warm for a decent period then the water doesn't evaporate away and just condenses on the cold screen overnight. Do you keep the AC on over winter? This should help remove moisture from the air. The other option is to get some sort of damp trap gadget to leave in the car.

as Nobbie said it means you have damp on the inside then it's freezing, a quick and cheap fix is to get an old sock and fill it with cat litter and put it on your dash when leaving it and it soaks up the moisture, stole this from another car forum I am on, haha!!!

1 hour ago, Nobbie said:

Why silica?

Because, in my experience, it’s the only one that actually works! ??

Its the same stuff that you get in the box of your new trainers to keep them dry.

I use it in my V50, as there is always a soggy dog in the car! ?

3 minutes ago, fat haggis said:

you can get 2, 1 kilo bags from  amazon they work great in the car winter time .... as long as you recharge them in the microwave they work a treat...

@rowboswill be along in a mo with the link....would do it myself but he's much quicker;) and i got it from him in the first place!

Archived