Bluetooth Music Streaming from phone

runner

Hi all,

Wonder if someone could come back and iron out a quick question I have.  Had my car for over a year now ... I could have sworn that when streaming your Iphone music on the car ... that you could control what was played on the Porsche Console.  But having not used the car for a while (SORN) ... my memories faded lol ... as now I used it the other day ... it only played what I said for it to play on the iphone music player ... but can't control the phones music or search the phones music remotely ?

Thanks in advance.

are you playing via Bluetooth or hard wired into one of the USB ports ?

I can certainly chose what to play from my ipod with it hard wired.  Not yet played much with the Bluetooth music or jukebox stuff yet.

External Bluetooth® audio source

You can also connect an external audio source that is partially operated on the source itself rather than on the PCM via a Bluetooth® connection.

For the connection and operation of the external Bluetooth® audio source, the PCM also supports the A2DP/AVRCP profile.
The extent to which the external Bluetooth® audio source can be operated on the PCM depends on the functions supported by the audio source. Operation of the external Bluetooth® audio source on the PCM is therefore restricted in some cases. In other cases, operation on the PCM is not possible. The audio source is then operated on the connected device itself. Please refer to the operating manual for the relevant device.

WARNING

Accident hazard. Distraction could result in you losing control of the vehicle.

• Operate the external Bluetooth® audio source only when you are safely in control of your vehicle and traffic conditions permit. If in doubt, stop the vehicle and operate the external Bluetooth® audio source while the vehicle is parked.

Calling up an external Bluetooth® audio source/starting playback

• Press the x button repeatedly until the “AUX BT” audio source is highlighted in the bottom line.
Playback starts automatically if this is supported by the Bluetooth® device. It may be necessary to start playback manually on the Bluetooth® device.

The “AUX BT” mode is only displayed if a corresponding device is connected to the interface.

Activating the interface

To use an external Bluetooth® audio source, the AUX Bluetooth function must be activated in the “SET MEDIA / AUX” menu.

1. Press the x button.
  2. Press the i button or touch the tab of the same name in the header.
  3. Select “SET MEDIA / AUX”.
You will only be able to access the “SET MEDIA / AUX” menu if there is at least one CD/DVD inserted or at least one audio source activated (b) in the menu.
  1. Select “AUX Bluetooth” to activate (b) or deactivate (a) the function.
    When you deactivate “AUX Bluetooth”, the Bluetooth® devices are deleted from the list if necessary.

With some devices, it may be necessary to set the volume on the device.

Recommendation:
  • Set the required volume on the external Bluetooth® audio source.
  • Then set the volume you want on the PCM.

The functions and displays depend on the active Bluetooth® device.

Skipping a track

• If you want to skip to the next track, briefly press the o button.
  • If you want to skip back to the start of the track/to the previous track, briefly press the p button.

Fast forward/reverse

• Press the o button or p button in AUX BT mode until the position you want is reached.

Switching the shuffle function on/off

When you activate this function, the current track is played to the end. All tracks are then played in random order.

1. Press the x button repeatedly until the “AUX BT” audio source is highlighted in the bottom line.
  2. Select “Track order”.
  3. Select “Shuffle” in Bluetooth® AUX mode to activate (b) or deactivate (a) the function.

Repeating a track

Activating this function repeats the current track.

1. Press the x button repeatedly until the “AUX BT” audio source is highlighted in the bottom line.
  2. Select “Track order”.
  3. Select “Repeat” in Bluetooth® AUX mode to activate (b) or deactivate (a) the function.

or to switch it off -

Press the p or o button.

Starting/stopping scanning

When this function is activated, each track from the external audio source is played for approx. 10 seconds.

2. Select “Track order”.
  3. Select “Start scan” to activate the function.
  4. Select “Stop scan” to deactivate the function.
The track from the external audio source that has started playing will continue to play.

Just now, djy said:

I use Bluetooth music streaming. I get song info and I can change track etc. 

So can I ask ... do you have an Iphone 6S ... and if so, I'm surprised you can do that ... or is it a Samsung a.n. other time of bluetooth device ? 

Cheers, 

Just now, runner said:

So can I ask ... do you have an Iphone 6S ... and if so, I'm surprised you can do that ... or is it a Samsung a.n. other time of bluetooth device ? 

Cheers, 

I have an iPhone X

Ok ... so could be that you are out gunning me on the technology lol ... I have a work Iphone X ... so may just try that to see the difference ... thanks ! 

1 minute ago, djy said:

I have an iPhone X

I have a iphone 6 - I'll try and test it tonight using Bluetooth (with and without my ipod plugged in.)

I'll also try and remember to see what version my PCM is at - allegedly it's been upgraded to the latest version, but I never actually checked.

2 minutes ago, Patt said:

I have a iphone 6 - I'll try and test it tonight using Bluetooth (with and without my ipod plugged in.)

I'll also try and remember to see what version my PCM is at - allegedly it's been upgraded to the latest version, but I never actually checked.

Thanks Patt .. appreciated ... I can see the music that's being played, but I can't use the PCM to circumvent the Iphone 6S at all ... just track order can be selected, so if all my songs were open on itunes then I could push play on the iphone and listen to all my music on a journey ... but can't pick a song at all on the PCM ... Cheers, 

Nope, narda friggin nothing, !

PCM says the phone is connected for voice and music, yet "AUX" is only available via plug in lead.

Oh and version was 4.52

Am I doing something wrong as I couldn't find anything obvious.

1 hour ago, Patt said:

Nope, narda friggin nothing, !

PCM says the phone is connected for voice and music, yet "AUX" is only available via plug in lead.

Oh and version was 4.52

Am I doing something wrong as I couldn't find anything obvious.

If you have tried to connect via BT then just so you know the Cayenne PCM has had moments (in the past but not recently!) when it simply would not offer the option for BT Aux connection for the Audio when it was already connected via BT as a phone...

Well that makes me feel a tad less noob - thanks Stuart.

I'll grab the manuals and have a quick read as I recall it wasn't very intuitive when I was testing on Ian's car.  Might do a full "forget" and "find" too, as I know the phone part works and the PCM states three channels are open (I'll take a pic next time too)

8 hours ago, Patt said:

Well that makes me feel a tad less noob - thanks Stuart.

I'll grab the manuals and have a quick read as I recall it wasn't very intuitive when I was testing on Ian's car.  Might do a full "forget" and "find" too, as I know the phone part works and the PCM states three channels are open (I'll take a pic next time too)

I tried the delete and re-pair the phone thing too when I was trying it myself IIRC, not sure it was a PCM issue or an Apple one (think their version of BT and other aspects maybe slightly different to the rest of the world, but that could be b*ll*cks).

Weird for us that at least with the wife's iPhone 7plus, its fine pretty much all the time now...

The youngest can all sorts of 'teeny' cr*p from the rear seats through the stereo with no issues now :(

Mine works on a 6s. However from time to time the BT Aux does disappear on the PCM and I have to fiddle around unpairing and re pairing - no specific method just pot luck.

It’s really strange as the BT phone functionality works fine all the time so it can’t be just that BT has dropped out.

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/02/2018 at 12:07 PM, Greenman said:

External Bluetooth® audio source

You can also connect an external audio source that is partially operated on the source itself rather than on the PCM via a Bluetooth® connection.

For the connection and operation of the external Bluetooth® audio source, the PCM also supports the A2DP/AVRCP profile.
The extent to which the external Bluetooth® audio source can be operated on the PCM depends on the functions supported by the audio source. Operation of the external Bluetooth® audio source on the PCM is therefore restricted in some cases. In other cases, operation on the PCM is not possible. The audio source is then operated on the connected device itself. Please refer to the operating manual for the relevant device.

WARNING

Accident hazard. Distraction could result in you losing control of the vehicle.

• Operate the external Bluetooth® audio source only when you are safely in control of your vehicle and traffic conditions permit. If in doubt, stop the vehicle and operate the external Bluetooth® audio source while the vehicle is parked.

Calling up an external Bluetooth® audio source/starting playback

• Press the x button repeatedly until the “AUX BT” audio source is highlighted in the bottom line.
Playback starts automatically if this is supported by the Bluetooth® device. It may be necessary to start playback manually on the Bluetooth® device.

The “AUX BT” mode is only displayed if a corresponding device is connected to the interface.

Activating the interface

To use an external Bluetooth® audio source, the AUX Bluetooth function must be activated in the “SET MEDIA / AUX” menu.

1. Press the x button.
  2. Press the i button or touch the tab of the same name in the header.
  3. Select “SET MEDIA / AUX”.
You will only be able to access the “SET MEDIA / AUX” menu if there is at least one CD/DVD inserted or at least one audio source activated (b) in the menu.
  1. Select “AUX Bluetooth” to activate (b) or deactivate (a) the function.
    When you deactivate “AUX Bluetooth”, the Bluetooth® devices are deleted from the list if necessary.

With some devices, it may be necessary to set the volume on the device.

Recommendation:
  • Set the required volume on the external Bluetooth® audio source.
  • Then set the volume you want on the PCM.

The functions and displays depend on the active Bluetooth® device.

Skipping a track

• If you want to skip to the next track, briefly press the o button.
  • If you want to skip back to the start of the track/to the previous track, briefly press the p button.

Fast forward/reverse

• Press the o button or p button in AUX BT mode until the position you want is reached.

Switching the shuffle function on/off

When you activate this function, the current track is played to the end. All tracks are then played in random order.

2. Select “Track order”.
  3. Select “Shuffle” in Bluetooth® AUX mode to activate (b) or deactivate (a) the function.

Repeating a track

Activating this function repeats the current track.

2. Select “Track order”.
  3. Select “Repeat” in Bluetooth® AUX mode to activate (b) or deactivate (a) the function.

or to switch it off -

Press the p or o button.

Starting/stopping scanning

When this function is activated, each track from the external audio source is played for approx. 10 seconds.

2. Select “Track order”.
  3. Select “Start scan” to activate the function.
  4. Select “Stop scan” to deactivate the function.
The track from the external audio source that has started playing will continue to play.

Can this be done with the poor CDR 31?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so my PCM lost my ipod this weekend and yet found the Bluetooth (again)

So if I hit the left or right buttons on the PCM it will skip to another track on the phone, but it is completely randon.  ie  if it's playing track 2 of an album it does not skip to track 3.  In fact it doesn't even stick to the same friggin album !

And then my ipod suddenly on Saturday evening - it's the same with that it just random skips - even if you use the scan feature it's completely random.

So yes I can skip tracks on either ipod or BT phone - however I can not chose what comes next unless I scan and wait for 1000's of intros to play until it picks the one I wanted to search for.  I have "random" de-selected yet it will not even play an album it always random picks the next track from which ever album - just pathetic

Archived