Radio Surround wanted

Rav

All - I am after a Radio Surround for a 986 in black. Does anyoe here have one before i brave Ebay?

I need to cut it to bits to add to my current surround as i have a void at the top of my double DIN radio installation. My thoughts are that if i carefully cut the lower horizontal bar and glue this to the top of my current surround to hide the gap, just under the vents.

porsche%20boxster%20dash%20console%20rad

If anyone has one and would like to sell, please let me know.

Sounds like you are approaching this the wrong way. If you use the Connects2 kit you get the correct trim/bezel and no gap. 

I had it on the earlier version of your radio. Google the kit and you'll see it has a thicker top edge on the bezel. 

22 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I've definitely got two black knee pad trims and a black console lid also a black ashtray surround with the window switches.

I might be interested in your asktry surround as mine has a few scrathes let me know how much your looking to get for them Gareth 

Any joy @Lonewolfgjp?

@edc I chucked in a support ticket to Connects2 and they ahve come back that their Boxster surrounds start at 2004 onwards. Any idea if this will fit a 2000 986?

@Lonewolfgjp sorry to hear about your neck. I am most interested, so get well soon and let me know what you want for hte surround + P&P.

7 hours ago, Rav said:

Any joy @Lonewolfgjp?

@edc I chucked in a support ticket to Connects2 and they ahve come back that their Boxster surrounds start at 2004 onwards. Any idea if this will fit a 2000 986?

I have only used it on my old 2000 Boxster which then went into Ampaul's 2001 Boxster. 

You DONT want the facelift one as you'll also then have a hole for the cup holders.  And it all wont' fit without changing the air vent pipes behind it.

I have a facelift one somewhere , from where I made the mistake.

2 hours ago, Patt said:

You DONT want the facelift one as you'll also then have a hole for the cup holders.  And it all wont' fit without changing the air vent pipes behind it.

I have a facelift one somewhere , from where I made the mistake.

Don't suppose you want some beer tokens for it @Patt? Been thinking about going double din on my 2003.

This thread made me think I ought to dig it out.  Here's an old picture of it.  I'll need to locate it in the shed to ensure I still have it first !

But sure chap, if you don't want it, it'll get added to my shed sale post.

25915648177_699d03c4db_b.jpg

If you want to double din you need to cut out the centre bar and take out the inner mounting points - 5 mins with a dremmel or equivalent tool. 

I've fitted a couple for other members on here in the past.

4 minutes ago, Patt said:

This thread made me think I ought to dig it out.  Here's an old picture of it.  I'll need to locate it in the shed to ensure I still have it first !

But sure chap, if you don't want it, it'll get added to my shed sale post.

25915648177_699d03c4db_b.jpg

If you want to double din you need to cut out the centre bar and take out the inner mounting points - 5 mins with a dremmel or equivalent tool. 

I've fitted a couple for other members on here in the past.

Sounds good! Let me know if you find it ?

Archived