1st Porsche - 987.2 S newbie

Mattman42

Checking in and saying hello!

Just put a deposit on a rather lovely 2010 987.2 Boxster S with PDK and now eagerly waiting a collection date.

took a while to find the right car, been around the houses looking at 996 cabs, Bentley GT’s, 6 series and every boxster model trying to convince myself that cheaper was better, etc etc but after research and a bit of budget creep I opted for this car as it seems to be the most reliable (fingers crossed) and the spec was great for me as well as the colour (did not want silver and black)

a quick photo from the dealer, will post more once I pick it up and will be trawling the forums for helps, tips and advice.

keeping myself busy while I wait for collection by clearing the garage and painting it ready for the new arrival, the sad old git that I am....

E5917E52-58D1-4DAA-819E-50ADA3A3F6C9.jpeg

Welcome - looking good there.  

Yes my first Boxster was incentive to clear the garage - I did have to get a third shed to spread the load so it was all a bit of a faff - but important ?

You are going to love your Box and PDK is a joy to use.  

When are you picking up and what is the rest of your spec?

Keep an eye on the Events sub forum if you fancy meeting up at one of the regular gatherings - particularly if you enjoy a fried breakfast as this seems to be mandatory!  Where in the country are you?

Dealer is putting a new MOT on the car, new discs and pads, new condensers and a/c recharge and a new tyre inflator so could be a couple of weeks as i’m not in a massive rush (well I wasn’t but am now :( )

not quite its up to speed on everything yet but i know it has extended leather, PCM3, Sport Chrono Plus, heated seats, embossed headrests, rear park assist, auto climate control, 19” Carrera 2 alloys, hard back seats, white dials, red callipers. basalt black with red leather - some of that could be standard for all I know! 

I’ve updated my profile as that was lacking any info - but based in Basingstoke, Hampshire 

8 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Dealer is putting a new MOT on the car, new discs and pads, new condensers and a/c recharge and a new tyre inflator so could be a couple of weeks as i’m not in a massive rush (well I wasn’t but am now :( )

not quite its up to speed on everything yet but i know it has extended leather, PCM3, Sport Chrono Plus, heated seats, embossed headrests, rear park assist, auto climate control, 19” Carrera 2 alloys, hard back seats, white dials, red callipers. basalt black with red leather - some of that could be standard for all I know! 

I’ve updated my profile as that was lacking any info - but based in Basingstoke, Hampshire 

Sounds good. Worth the wait to get it all together for you.  And that gives you time to sort  out the garage!

Nice spec and a lot of that is options...

If you are in/join PCGB you can apply for a free Certificate of Production which is nice to have and lists all your spec and options...  

You will see meets in your area certainly.  

Get yourself to Simply Porsche at Beaulieu in June.  Check the meets forum for details.  There will be lots of us there as well as shiny metal as far as the eye can see...

11 hours ago, Yardie said:

Nice car. Nice wheels! I’m in Basingstoke too. I’m gonna steal them! ?

I am in Basingstoke as well. 

TIPEC did have a meet in Basingstoke, went along to the first one but as far as I am aware did not become a regular event. 

3 hours ago, fat haggis said:

it hasn't got any wind deflectors fitted. These are a must in my opinion mate

He's still got hair and is very proud of it - so we don't want any locks getting blown out of place...

21 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Wind deflector is on the list of purchases after collection - are the mounting brackets easy to fit?

@Grizzlee, I could find the Deflector on http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod12675/Wind-Deflector-Porsche-Cabrio-987-Boxster-98756112500/ at Design 911, but can't find the clips, can you help?

Get the clip for OPC and then get a second hand set from eBay. Plenty about. I just got a 981 and it didn't have a wind deflectors. £75 delivered from eBay. Bargain ..plenty about for the 987 mate. 

1 hour ago, fat haggis said:

Get the clip for OPC and then get a second hand set from eBay. Plenty about. I just got a 981 and it didn't have a wind deflectors. £75 delivered from eBay. Bargain ..plenty about for the 987 mate. 

The 987 wind deflectors with the mesh inserts seem to be around 150 plus another 55 for the bracket kit from fleabay 

Archived