Gliptone leather dye

Rav

The spors seats in my 986S are suffering.

The main body of the seat is black leather but i have white cracking and crazing marks on the shoulders of the seats themselves.

I contacted a company called Gliptone. They suggest that for my car there are three colour options.

Porsche Black 1999 (no model specified)

Porsche Black AT (no year specified)

Porsche Black AC (no year specified)

My car is a 2000MY (W registered) car and I cannot find what colour dye i will need to make the seats look better. Any ideas?

Hi @Rav I can’t help with the exact colour I’m afraid. 

I used a generic “black” scuffmaster kit on my 987.2 (near the end of page 2 of the report / link below for this pics) and it worked extremely well.

They come with “toners” & “gloss enhancers” too / but I found it wasn’t needed - I just used the dye itself.

My guess is any of those would be absolutely fine. And the generic “black” worked really well on my seats.

Thread:

the one I used:

8_E4_B4667-_A5_DD-4763-8_DBE-78_B7659220

BD20_B492-_BBD2-4697-865_B-28133_B6_C078

I will order this today and go and see if i can find the Trim Code.

My paint code is L92U which comes up as ARKTISILVER.

My Interior is X1 which I can't find a match for.

But I also can't find a match for your #53.

I don't have numbers under the bonnet but I do have a list in the back of the log book.

I just tried some of this on my drivers side bolster. 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Leather-Colour-Dye-Restorer-AUDI-A4-A5-A6-A8-Q5-Q7-TT-R8-RS-Interior-Seats/201159621981  might do another coat after the first one is dry, but excellent results already. It's smells like boot polish with vics vaporub in it :) Good value for a fiver. 

Archived