981 Coding

spook

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/27/2018 at 9:08 PM, Ringer250 said:

@Forest, my 2014 has the auto dimming mirrors which come with the rain sensing wiper function. Picture shows the unit fitted. Also shown is the parts diagram via  a 911 UK link, note that there is no different rear view mirror unit to accommodate rain sensing, so this would back up what @Richard Hamilton states that they all have the wiring. 

H4aRJWx.jpg

View from outside shown the sensor black tear drop shape, this fits in with what the actual sensor looks like in the third picture.

WzU0r1G.jpg

Actual sensor

bbIZdE4.png

48SAkSl.png

BywtcGl.png

f7ygYNL.png

Ringer ,

I also have auto dimming mirrors inside and out so should I have the auto wipers as std, what position do I put the stalk in to check please.ive just used the Multi timed switch on the stalk up to now

6 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

Ringer ,

I also have auto dimming mirrors inside and out so should I have the auto wipers as std, what position do I put the stalk in to check please.ive just used the Multi timed switch on the stalk up to now

You should have option 268.  The rain sensor wipers use the 'intermittent' setting on the stalk.  If yours wipe at regular intervals, then the rain sensor isn't coded.  If they don't wipe regularly, dribble a few drops of water over the sensor area, and the wipers should wipe.

By the way, seems that 718s also have the sensor fitted but not acivated unless paid for when ordered.  Well, mine did, and I activated it in the same way.

1 hour ago, Richard Hamilton said:

You should have option 268.  The rain sensor wipers use the 'intermittent' setting on the stalk.  If yours wipe at regular intervals, then the rain sensor isn't coded.  If they don't wipe regularly, dribble a few drops of water over the sensor area, and the wipers should wipe.

By the way, seems that 718s also have the sensor fitted but not acivated unless paid for when ordered.  Well, mine did, and I activated it in the same way.

Tks again Richard, mine of information as usual 👍

Here's a simple one I can't for the life of me work out how to correct the time on the clock in the screen ? the one in the dash is easy to do and I have changed that a few times but the one in the touch screen is 2 hours and a few minuets fast I've been through the manual but can't even find "Adjusting the clock" in the index or anywhere in the manual itself.

Am I missing something or will I have to get someone to get the PIWIS sorted somehow.

the auto on/off thing will be a Road tax issue and as such will be a mine field to answer correctly one thing going for it is it can be switched off manually, so all your doing is automating that action, cheating I know, we always find ways around things that bug us a bit like this. 

Hi @Richard Hamilton not a 100% sure on the rain sensor thing will I have to take it to a OPC or could a good Porsche Indy do it if I have the sensor there in the first place ?

Guvs.

1 minute ago, Richard Hamilton said:

Any good indy could do it, if they have a piwis, and know how. I think that's the problem with dome OPCs. They don't know how, as it isn't shown in the manual. 

Thanks Rich.

20 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

Ringer ,

Sorry, just logged in here. Hopefully you are sorted now via @Richard Hamilton

Archived