981 Coding

spook

17 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Absolutely nothing as I'm sure you are well aware.

Yeah, I guess it's no different from driving a VW. :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be interested too, and if my electric mirrors can do the reverse fold down bit.

I thought they had the option, but I now think it was the 718

The dipping mirrors come as part of the memory seat package, I had assumed that folding mirrors would get me the option, but no. When I get chance I am going to look into a hack that selects mirror down in reverse but getting it to return to the correct normal position will be the challenge. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, spook said:

- Stop/start button coded: it now remembers the previous setting when ignition switched on (so it's now left disabled!)

and specially for daz05:

- Rain sensing wipers enabled! :)

nice work sir, So these can be enabled on any 981 without anything else apart from some coding by the OPC? I'd love the have both the above if that's the case.

3 hours ago, CMA said:

nice work sir, So these can be enabled on any 981 without anything else apart from some coding by the OPC? I'd love the have both the above if that's the case.

Correct, coding only.

5 hours ago, topradio said:

The dipping mirrors come as part of the memory seat package, I had assumed that folding mirrors would get me the option, but no. When I get chance I am going to look into a hack that selects mirror down in reverse but getting it to return to the correct normal position will be the challenge. 

My mk7 Golf appears very similar to the Porsche option packages around mirrors etc, it doesn't have memory seats but it has dip on reverse it's part of the folding mirror set up so I bet you will be able to get this working.

Hi I think I have found where to make the setting for stop/start. It wasn't in the obvious places. There are options in the Vehicle Data for default to off, on, or last setting.

I'll look into the folding/lowering mirrors setting. 

7 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

Hi I think I have found where to make the setting for stop/start. It wasn't in the obvious places. There are options in the Vehicle Data for default to off, on, or last setting.

I'll look into the folding/lowering mirrors setting. 

Good news, any joy with the rain sense wiper hack?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2018 at 9:43 PM, daz05 said:

Spook. Awesome update and thanks for following up. I'll be asking my opc to enable my sensor next time I'm in for a service, pretty annoying that it wasn't already.

I took mine into OPC Wolves last week and asked them to look into the rain sensing wipers (after telling them what I had read on the forum). When I picked it up, they explained that I hadn’t got the sensor and it would need a different windscreen ?. Apparently, the only sensor on mine is for the auto lights.

1 hour ago, Forest said:

I took mine into OPC Wolves last week and asked them to look into the rain sensing wipers (after telling them what I had read on the forum). When I picked it up, they explained that I hadn’t got the sensor and it would need a different windscreen ?. Apparently, the only sensor on mine is for the auto lights.

Sounds to me like they just didn't want to enable it. The sensor sits below the windscreen, it's stuck on it' not built into the screen.

29 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Sounds to me like they just didn't want to enable it. The sensor sits below the windscreen, it's stuck on it' not built into the screen.

I might have to try Bolton. Thanks for the info ??

On 5/26/2018 at 10:03 AM, Forest said:

I might have to try Bolton. Thanks for the info ??

20 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

I think you'll find that they ALL have the rain sensor fitted.  I have a friend with a "poverty spec" 2.7 and enabled it on that.

Cheers, has anyone got a picture they can post so I can double check

@Forest, my 2014 has the auto dimming mirrors which come with the rain sensing wiper function. Picture shows the unit fitted. Also shown is the parts diagram via  a 911 UK link, note that there is no different rear view mirror unit to accommodate rain sensing, so this would back up what @Richard Hamilton states that they all have the wiring. 

H4aRJWx.jpg

View from outside shown the sensor black tear drop shape, this fits in with what the actual sensor looks like in the third picture.

WzU0r1G.jpg

Actual sensor

bbIZdE4.png

48SAkSl.png

BywtcGl.png

f7ygYNL.png

On 5/26/2018 at 7:29 AM, Forest said:

Bless them, mine works fine 👍

22 hours ago, Ringer250 said:

@Forest, my 2014 has the auto dimming mirrors which come with the rain sensing wiper function. Picture shows the unit fitted. Also shown is the parts diagram via  a 911 UK link, note that there is no different rear view mirror unit to accommodate rain sensing, so this would back up what @Richard Hamilton states that they all have the wiring. 

Cheers for that, will have a closer look

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I dropped the car off on Thursday to have cruise fitted plus a look into the rain sensor, went back up to Bolton early this morning to pick the car up, cruise fitted and works great on M6 roadworks stretch ( 5 separate bits). The rain sensor has been activated but I’ve not had chance to test it properly yet due to the lack of rain lol. I am a happy bunny though ?

54 minutes ago, Forest said:

So I dropped the car off on Thursday to have cruise fitted plus a look into the rain sensor, went back up to Bolton early this morning to pick the car up, cruise fitted and works great on M6 roadworks stretch ( 5 separate bits). The rain sensor has been activated but I’ve not had chance to test it properly yet due to the lack of rain lol. I am a happy bunny though ?

Glad they sorted you out :)

2 minutes ago, spook said:

Glad they sorted you out :)

Cheers, well worth the additional miles. I think it was the same tech you mentioned that did it. He said that maybe 90% of the 981 cars have the combined rain and light sensor but some only have the light sensor, so until they delve into the car, they can’t guarantee it will work

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread - when I had cruise control retrofitted at Leeds OPC yesterday I asked them to code the rain sensor on. On picking up the car they said this would require a new wiper stalk. It seems like they are wrong as a couple of members on this thread have had Bolton OPC code the rain sensor. Can anyone confirm how the wiper stalk works once coded? Does the intermittent position become the auto position?

Im going to ask Leeds to speak to Bolton!

thanks

Andrew

19 minutes ago, Madlil said:

Resurrecting an old thread - when I had cruise control retrofitted at Leeds OPC yesterday I asked them to code the rain sensor on. On picking up the car they said this would require a new wiper stalk. It seems like they are wrong as a couple of members on this thread have had Bolton OPC code the rain sensor. Can anyone confirm how the wiper stalk works once coded? Does the intermittent position become the auto position?

Im going to ask Leeds to speak to Bolton!

thanks

Andrew

That's wrong tell them to code it on and you'll take the risk of it not working. 

Archived