Alloy and tyre cost

Buying a new 718 and had alloy and tyre insurance on my 981, it has become very expensive this time... £700!

Anyone had a better offer from OPC 

Sounds expensive but worth while for the tyres, I would be enquiring what the alloy wheel part covered.

Most of them just send a smart repairman who sprays silver paint on your diamond cut wheel and classes it as a repair. If it does cover you to have your wheel professionally recut then it’s definitely worth it.

Im not sure what OPC insurance covers as they are all different but definitely worth asking exactly what your covered for ?

I

4 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Sounds expensive but worth while for the tyres, I would be enquiring what the alloy wheel part covered.

Most of them just send a smart repairman who sprays silver paint on your diamond cut wheel and classes it as a repair. If it does cover you to have your wheel professionally recut then it’s definitely worth it.

Im not sure what OPC insurance covers as they are all different but definitely worth asking exactly what your covered for ?

I have 20" painted on the new one...

Same question I would be asking just about a painted wheel.

Would it fully refurbished or a cheeky paint blow in?

Either way I think your £700 would go a long way covering any of these little mishaps that probably won’t happen ?

Why not just google for tyre and alloy insurance and pick the best deal. Likely that OPC are just reselling one of these policies with a huge markup. Always worth checking the T&Cs for claim limits and repair policies before parting with cash. 

I took it from the dealer when we bought the 981, but only £400 odd 4 years ago.

Made two claims for tyres, nails, and the claims were settled without issues.

I've taken it on the last couple of cars I've had;

Panamera had 20" cut wheels - policy covered full pro refurb of these, not paint.  And two tyres

GT3 - one scuffed alloy (avoiding a bloody cat) repair so good I have no idea on the wheel where it was; had 2 tyres replaced (both nails, picked up at MOT)

Policy from memory was circa £400- 3 years cover for both wheels & tyres

when you consider that one rear tyre for the GT3 costs £500 from the OPC, its a no brainer

(and to top it all another nail in the tyre this week - tyre is virtually new, so had it repaired for 45 notes - at a garage that isn't an OPC, but has the right Socket for centre locks, understands the fragility of PCCB, and the correct torque wrench - and the correct method required to apply it !

Turned it down during the hand over, following a telephone call, a much more acceptable figure was agreed. Service on the last policy was excellent via OPC. So satisfied as I left.

Archived