This might make you smile... just a little bit

Dwdg

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/history/porsche-986-boxster-roadster-modern-classic-car-show-bockhorn-repairs-servicing-custom-fitting-14806.html

Not sure they’re going to rocket to “classic prices” but as they say, worth getting one if you can now. 

1 hour ago, Dwdg said:

worth getting one if you can now

Even if you pay around €18,000 for a 2002 2.7? :o Did I read that right?

25 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

According to their ad in June's Porsche Post Paragon have a 2005 987 S for sale at £42995. Nice to see values holding!  :laugh:

Suppose it could just be a typo :whistle1:

1 hour ago, Jon61 said:

I'd sell my 2002 2.7 for 18,000 euros ? offers anyone?

Cars are generally much more expensive in Germany. I remember when I was living there being horrified by the prices (I'd opted to take a car allowance over a company car). Even a crappy old car would be 5k minimum

1 hour ago, Lennym1984 said:

Cars are generally much more expensive in Germany. I remember when I was living there being horrified by the prices (I'd opted to take a car allowance over a company car). Even a crappy old car would be 5k minimum

Much lower road taxes and insurance costs play a big part in this. Roads you can actually drive on and well maintained vehicles. The TÜV (German MOT) are extremely strict, so cars are generally well looked after and serviced. So they keep some sort of value. Then again I was offered a Golf MK1 a couple of years ago for €700... try find one of those in the UK for that amount. 

I love their honesty :D 

Anyone who can find a Boxster which comes with a thick wad of repair and maintenance bills is therefore in luck. This was the case with our Boxster from Berlin. But there’s always something that needs replacing, even if maintenance tasks are carried out promptly. 

Archived