Advice - Wheels

MH82

Hi all

so I have the 19" Sport Design wheels (a la RS60) on my 987.2S, whilst I like the multi-spoke design I'm drawn to the 5 spoke 19 Carrera Classic that featured more on the 987.1.

my question is, should I even be entertaining changing them, and if so, what is the best way to go about it, not sure I can afford to hang on to two sets right now.

thanks in advance

matt

Changing wheels purely for cosmetic reasons is an indulgence, and not easy unless you buy a set first. The other option is to stick some pics up and see if anyone fancies a swap.

I suppose those are the three options really;

1. buy what I'm looking for and then try to sell mine (any idea as to which are the more sought after?)

2. Find someone for a swap

3. Find a trader who could do me a deal

I think the sports design are quite sought after, however I personally prefer the 5 spoke Carrera Classic's in the 19" range.

The only 19" wheel that rocks more is the Fuchs rims from the 997 Sport Classic.

When I've changed rims I've always had to buy first and then sell.  it is always worth a post for a swap on here and any other Porsche/car forums eg Pistonheads.

The above are 10J rears which I think makes them 911 rather than Boxster wheels, a common offer. 

Gotta get mine painted and tyred; only had them for two years!!

On that set - yes they'll need 20mm spacers as they will foul the suspension.

My 18's are 10" with an ET of 47 and do not require spacers for either 986 or 981

Archived