EU Breakdown Cover - Boxster Older than 15 years

As the title suggest really, anyone got details of companies that offer a reasonable quote AND more importantly repatriate the car if needed?

I went for a Nationwide Flex Plus account. You get euro breakdown, travel and phone insurance for £13/month.

I've only had to use recovery in the UK once, but they took the car from London up to Revolution in Brighouse (the car broke down just 30 mins from home in London and here was no issue with them doing the distance). Highly recommended from me.

Edit, my 986 is 15 years old, again, no problem.

I also rely on Nationwide B/soc for Euro breakdown/Travel Insurance and at £13 a month I think its quite cheap for all the other beneifts also. You also get 5% interest on the first £2.5k balance in the account and if left in there it works out at circa £6 a month credit interest which reduces the cost.

Yep - have to agree the Flex Plus insurance benefit is excellent. Covers travel insurance too - worldwide + winter sports cover included?

Ok thanks all, it looks like a great add on, for little cost, I have something similar'ish  with Halifax, I will check their T's and C's - FYI the NW Flexi account states the following concerning the all important repatriation;

Whats Not Included - Your vehicle’s repatriation if the costs will exceed its UK market value

I have done some research on this, two points that may help @ndjfb00

(1)  ADAC -- gets lots of good reviews on the internet from various based forums and is worth a look

(2)  Car insurance -- we have an Aviva multi car policy that is up for renewal, they are offering RAC EU breakdown for less than £100 per year

Another vote for the Nationwide Flex Plus deal here too, especially if you have a lot of phones in the family , when the repair they carried out on my daughters iPhone5 failed within a month it was replaced by an immaculate used 5s daughter delighted -

I used to use ADAC but stopped some 2+ years ago as it was increasingly less hassle-free. Lots of reports of renewal difficulties and renewal refusals. Back in the day this was the way to get Euro cover with repatriation all included for next to no cost. It used to be about £80 per year. Obviously lots of Let Mans and Ring goes cottoned onto the idea and suddenly they didn't fancy the business any more. 

If you have insurance with us we offer EU breakdown that covers home start, roadside assistance, recovery and onward journey from £44.95. we have options for classics so 15 years will be fine on our policies.

:)

Carlie

Archived