Auto dimming mirror

Freeman

I have noticed that there is no difference between the on & off setting (button pressed in and green light on and button is out and no light). Is there any quick repair for it or is it a new mirror?

Thanks

On the 981 its quite subtle and changes slowly when there is a car behind with lights on. The best way to check it is to switch the dimming on and then put your finger over the light sensor, the image will get brighter as you block the light and darker when you remove your finger.

Thanks.

I will give it a go with a powerful torch. On Thursday night I drove on the A1M and didn't notice any difference.

Do I need to buy a new mirror if it doesn't work or is possible to replace the sensor only?

Thanks

I hated the glare in my mirrors on the 986 and so this was an option very high up my want list for the 981.

I have to say I am very disappointed with this option.  In fact the only good thing is the mirrors fold in when I lock the car, so I can tell at a glance I've remembered.

The auto dimming is all but non existent.  At best it turns the light a slight tinge of yellow.

23 hours ago, topradio said:

Do you have auto dimming wing mirrors and do they work ok?

Yes, all worked ok that night and became fairly dark, previously all three didn't and remained clear. I wonder if the on/off switch is playing. 

15 minutes ago, topradio said:

On the 981 there is a little amber light that comes on when you switch the auto dimming on.

There is a green (I think) led on the 987 dimming mirror, mine seems to work as well as any other dimming mirror I have had to be honest, it's not perfect but it does reduce glare.

Archived