Any one know what wheels these are

Davehods

@Davehods - these are 17" Facelift 986S wheels - they're the lightest of the OEM 17" 986 wheels.  

Have them fitted to my 2001 986S - they'll fit your 2001 986 without any problems.

Does the offer include the centre caps? You may already have a set of course.

Personally I would factor in a set of replacement tyres - whether new or of known history - but that's 'cos I am very wonky about tyres generally.

Hi Map thanks for that info!  They sound perfect then, currently on a set of Sport Classic single piece rims, which look lovely but hard to clean and the poor refurb paint is flaking off in huge lumps.  Have nearly new tyres so could swap them over.  I have mono colour centre caps so coloured ones might make a nice change ?

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, map said:

@Davehods - these are 17" Facelift 986S wheels - they're the lightest of the OEM 17" 986 wheels.  

Have them fitted to my 2001 986S - they'll fit your 2001 986 without any problems.

Personally I would factor in a set of replacement tyres - whether new or of known history - but that's 'cos I am very wonky about tyres generally.

Boxster S II's if memory serves and IIRC made by Ronal???????

We had a set of these on Mr. Box when we got him, looked very similar to the ones @map has fitted :whistle:

On 7/8/2018 at 1:23 PM, EXY said:

We had a set of these on Mr. Box when we got him, looked very similar to the ones @map has fitted :whistle:

By Jove you're right @EXY ol' chap :worship:

In fact I'd wager that they might be the self same wheels as were fitted to Mr Box and which eventually found their way on to my beloved if rather scabby 986.

@Davehods - in all seriousness you can "feel" the benefit of the lighter weight when you swap between these and heavier wheels.  Go get 'em.

On 7/9/2018 at 1:30 PM, Davehods said:

Looks like you are bother correct...

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/porsche_alloy_wheels/boxster_986_alloys/17_porsche_boxster_s_ii_wheel_1791

Excellent responses as ever!

IIRC There is a post on here from me where I weighed the 17 & 18 wheels to give an idea of how much difference there is.

On 7/8/2018 at 10:34 AM, map said:

He is advertising these as 16” wheels not 17”.

So I paid the price of dithering and the auction ended, there was a buy it now price.  ?  I mailed the chap to ask a question and it was all over before I could buy them.  Shame as they looked nice and were only a few miles away.

Lighter and newly refurbished...almost too good to be true....

17 hours ago, map said:

If they're OEM they're definitely 17" - @EXY?

A moot point as the auction has ended.

Yep 17"

Again I posted about these a long time ago with the Tequipment info included, maybe a search would help the OP?

11 hours ago, tracy said:

They are OEM 16" wheels from a facelift 986 Boxster base wheels from a 2.7.

The current picture is a 16" wheel and not necessarily a facelift one.  It was the basic 16" wheel on 2.7 cars in 2001 for sure.

The original picture (if anyone would care to look at the original listing since it finished) is of the facelift 17" wheel as correctly identified several times above.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/302793903872?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

Archived