Sport bucket seats legroom

Lord Johnny

Just about to finalise my GTS order and still debating over the Sport bucket seats

dose anybody know if they give you more legroom or headroom ?As I’m 6,3 and it would be worth the extra to gain a bit more space

and I can’t find a car local to try 

3CF04718-B9A6-49B1-A8A9-5948DDA38319.jpeg

They were in the car i drove at PEC Couldnt compare against others for leg room but adjusted fine for me being 5.11

Biggest issue for me was they arent that easy to get in and out of .The side bolster is higher than a normal seat and rock solid so you have to push yourself higher for your bum to clear it . Just as bad getting in Easier with the roof down obviously. You really do need to try them as you are taller.

Hi Johnny, I don’t have a 718 , but I am 6’4” and the 718 (and 981) is not short of headroom or legroom (for a Sportscar). I have driven in the buckets in the 718 but only for 20 mins so I can’t comment on comfort.  

To some degree it will depend how you intend using the car, but if you anticipate long journeys/daily drive etc then specing the buckets without trying could be a high risk strategy, they don’t suit everyone and have less adjustability than all the other options.

surely you should be able to get to an OPC to try?

I had the buckets in my 986 - most comfortable seats I've owned.  5 hour drive and still as fresh as a daisy. 

On the 986 there were significantly lower than standard, however the sports + seats I now have in the 981 feel as low - and as awkward to get out of too.

There is indeed significantly more headspace in the 981 & 718 than the 986.

The downside is your back will get hot and sweaty in the summer. Although if you were to spec the 997 recliner buckets, (as in your picture) rather than the solid buckets that are usually specced in the Boxster/Cayman (918 Spyder), They can have heating added and thus I suspect the cooling option too.

I'd have them again in a heartbeat and would spec them on a new build if budget would allow.

Archived