Design 90 wheels on a 986.1

Dwdg

Hi,

My new 944 will has D90 wheels on it and I may try and swap those on to the 986. I haven't seen any images of anyone that's done that before. Does anyone know if it can be done, have they done it before and are there any images anywhere?

I think they'll give it a real retro and more classic look, especially in the Arena Red. I'm just curious to see how they will look.

Wish I had photoshop now.

17 minutes ago, Dwdg said:

Hi,

My new 944 will has D90 wheels on it and I may try and swap those on to the 986. I haven't seen any images of anyone that's done that before. Does anyone know if it can be done, have they done it before and are there any images anywhere?

I think they'll give it a real retro and more classic look, especially in the Arena Red. I'm just curious to see how they will look.

Wish I had photoshop now.

Someone more learned than me will be along to say if they'll fit or not (my guess is not) but I can help you with a very rough and ready PS of how they look...

arena986D90.thumb.jpg.b93a1da0739e7789d47a0f7786b6cd2b.jpg

3 hours ago, NicGun said:

Someone more learned than me will be along to say if they'll fit or not (my guess is not) but I can help you with a very rough and ready PS of how they look...

looks nice on a 986 :lmaosmiley:

23 hours ago, NicGun said:

That is epic. Thank you so much for that. I think they look pretty retro!

2 hours ago, Patt said:

I saw some 19" Fuchs for less than a grand for the set - decided deep dish + 19" would look lost on a 981. I love that and the RUF design wheel.

No idea why, I just do.

That’s a good deal although 19” would be too far for me, 17”, maybe 18” at a real push.

Archived