987.2 Prices

toplad

Browsing Autotrader again(endlessly) 

987.2 prices seem to have softened a bit. When I was buying earlier this year, prices for a 987.2  under 90k miles was circ. 18-20k. 

Today reasonable ones start at 15.5k and there is definitely more around. While 987.1 prices seemed the same. 

I haven't noticed a such seasonal change before, seems more pronounced on the 987.2  

have heard porsche prices softening a bit across the board - 986 are about rock bottom already and some serious bargains there - so others weakening a bit. Don't think the last of the NA F6 models will soften as much as others though so hanging on to mine as long as I can - not worth panicking about anything yet.

example - I remember looking at an advert for an Aston V8 Vantage (big boxy 80's one) advertised at 25k and thinking, hmmm maybe... and now look at them... 150k+

If you don't need to sell, enjoy what you've got until they stop producing petrol - and the market will wax and wain along the way.

Well there was a significant gap between the 987.1 and the 987.2 so if the .2 is being pushed from the top by early 981 and with .1 already under 10k then I guess it’s inevitable that that gap will be reduced, though the .2 will always command a premium as having no perceived engine issues.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:45 AM, toplad said:

Browsing Autotrader again(endlessly) 

987.2 prices seem to have softened a bit. When I was buying earlier this year, prices for a 987.2  under 90k miles was circ. 18-20k. 

Today reasonable ones start at 15.5k and there is definitely more around. While 987.1 prices seemed the same. 

I haven't noticed a such seasonal change before, seems more pronounced on the 987.2  

I have spotted this also. The 2.9 is the sweet spot and they seem to hold their value very well actually while some Boxster S's with higher spec are cheaper. 

Winter seems to have also taken it's toll on the odd 981. 

Still nothing really jumps out as a must have bargain. 

987.2 (and 997.2) PDK models MUCH better than tiptronic and with more reliable engines cant see then dropping much
Whats this about an V8 Aston Martin Vantage been in excess of 150 k  think you are looking at Vanquish or Vanish!!

Love my 987.2 2007 MUCH better than 986. Just so refined - Wish I had paid the extra for a typtronic
Seriously think it holds the road better than a  standard 996 or 997!

19 hours ago, 986CKY said:

I have spotted this also. The 2.9 is the sweet spot and they seem to hold their value very well actually while some Boxster S's with higher spec are cheaper. 

Winter seems to have also taken it's toll on the odd 981. 

Still nothing really jumps out as a must have bargain. 

Are you calling the 981 odd? Watch it buster! 🤔

Archived