Renewal Time Madness

rowbos

So I’ve just had the renewals through for my Boxster and my wife’s Citroen C1.  

I have an agreed value of £30K, track day cover, 5000 miles, OPC repair and windscreen cover, recovery etc on mine.  

The Citroen is worth £5K, 1000 miles, recovery and that’s about it. 

My renewal is < £300 and the wife’s is nearly £400! 

Neither of us has points and we are both a similar age.

Manning will be getting my business for another year but I think I may need to look elsewhere for the Citroen 😳

Just now, Scubaregs said:

I would try Aviva multi car, not sure if they would do the benefits though.

I'm about £450 a year for my 718 and mini cooper.

Manning for the Boxster has benefits that I won’t get from a mainstream. 

I will shop around for cheap and cheerful for Mrs R’s C1 though 🤓

I renewed my Boxster insurance yesterday but it is my main car, doesn't live in a garage and I am in south London. Breakdown cover was the big difference. Lots of companies in Meerkat land wouldn't offer European cover due to age so renewed with the existing provider. Not sure what the annual is as I do everything monthly - £35

4 minutes ago, TV8 said:

I renewed my Boxster insurance yesterday but it is my main car, doesn't live in a garage and I am in south London. Breakdown cover was the big difference. Lots of companies in Meerkat land wouldn't offer European cover due to age so renewed with the existing provider. Not sure what the annual is as I do everything monthly - £35

That does not seem too bad. 

Mine lives in the sticks. Off-road. In a locked garage and is not my main car.

1 minute ago, rowbos said:

That does not seem too bad. 

Mine lives in the sticks. Off-road. In a locked garage and is not my main car.

Agreed. Business use and European cover and that is about a third of that total. Very pleased. 

I just renewed with Manning - at a lower cost than last year, during the conversation it turned out that attendance at the CAT DT day in September has qualified me for a discount - one reason it's gone down in cost :) 

1 hour ago, rowbos said:

I just renewed with Manning - at a lower cost than last year, during the conversation it turned out that attendance at the CAT DT day in September has qualified me for a discount - one reason it's gone down in cost :) 

was the discount greater than the cost of the day though? :)

On 11/22/2018 at 9:21 PM, rowbos said:

So I’ve just had the renewals through for my Boxster and my wife’s Citroen C1.  

I have an agreed value of £30K, track day cover, 5000 miles, OPC repair and windscreen cover, recovery etc on mine.  

The Citroen is worth £5K, 1000 miles, recovery and that’s about it. 

My renewal is < £300 and the wife’s is nearly £400! 

Neither of us has points and we are both a similar age.

Manning will be getting my business for another year but I think I may need to look elsewhere for the Citroen 😳

Probably explained by the fact that the Citroen C1 is a learner and new driver car and therefore involved in more accidents. Consequently it's rated by insurance companies as a higher risk car. Solution? Your wife gets a Boxster! 😀

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

was the discount greater than the cost of the day though? :)

If you like yes ;) 

No idea, I just know it's a reasonable amount cheaper than last year with all the same cover - 5000 miles, agreed value, OPC repair and windscreen cover, track day cover etc... all for less than £300 notes, not too bad in my book.

42 minutes ago, Boxob said:

Probably explained by the fact that the Citroen C1 is a learner and new driver car and therefore involved in more accidents. Consequently it's rated by insurance companies as a higher risk car. Solution? Your wife gets a Boxster! 😀

Yes well I could suggest that - but really she is safest in a C1, for all of us, believe me :whistle1:

22 hours ago, rowbos said:

Don't poke the hornet's nest ya bugger!

#pokeypokepoke - if i suggested Mrs Matt drive a C1 or similar she would park it firmly where the sun don't shine.

Even my 17 year old son said no to a C1 - you really need to give her a car befitting of her superhero status @rowbos :P

28 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

#pokeypokepoke - if i suggested Mrs Matt drive a C1 or similar she would park it firmly where the sun don't shine.

Even my 17 year old son said no to a C1 - you really need to give her a car befitting of her superhero status @rowbos :P

Err. She chose it! Believe me she is the most non-car person in the world.  I tried to get her into an Abarth 500 but there was no chance as it looked like a ‘boy racers car’...

18 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

Mrs Dark drives a JAG with more power and straight line speed than my 986. Just saying.

Oh and I am not allowed to drive it.

I have tried everything, she only likes small low powered cars and hates driving/drivers/roads/people who like roads etc - you get the picture... :)  

3 hours ago, rowbos said:

I tried to get her into an Abarth 500 but there was no chance as it looked like a ‘boy racers car’... 

My mates wife has one, goes like a stabbed rat but it looks like she crashed it through the tat section of Halfrauds.....

4 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Have you driven one? My son has one and I like driving it to the point that I paid the extra from when he was 17 to not have the tracker fitted for the occasions I was was behind the wheel

5 minutes ago, Shazbot said:

My mates wife has one, goes like a stabbed rat but it looks like she crashed it through the tat section of Halfrauds.....

😬 Yeah I get that. 

My wife liked the look of a standard Fiat 500 so I  thought I’d try and get her something I wouldn’t mind driving so much - even if it’s a little OTT 😇

No joy though. Still it saved me some cash and she loves her C1...

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:45 PM, rowbos said:

Err. She chose it! Believe me she is the most non-car person in the world.  I tried to get her into an Abarth 500 but there was no chance as it looked like a ‘boy racers car’...

er you tried to 'get me into an Abarth' ?

don't remember that 'date night'...sure it wasn't @John K ?

Archived