They're back!

Higgy

1 hour ago, Higgy said:

For those who have been waiting for the post WLTP release, S models and manual gearboxes are now back on the configurator and are orderable again.

My order gets submitted today!

Anyone want a pristine low mileage 981S  🙂

you should post the config of the 718S you are ordering and the 981S you are selling for us all

5 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

you should post the config of the 718S you are ordering and the 981S you are selling for us all

My pleasure!

New Config http://www.porsche-code.com/PKBEUWK0

Current Car 

https://postimg.cc/ykqFYD1G

2013 Boxster S White

Manual

Full leather in Agate Grey

Black hood.

20" Carrera S wheels

Sports exhaust system

PCM including Navigation module

Bi-Xenon lighting system with PDLS

2 zone automatic A/C

Sports Seats Plus

Multi function steering wheel

Cruise control

Heated seats

Light Design package

Electric folding mirrors

Illuminated Stainless Steel door sill guards

Guards Red seat belts

Rollover bar in exterior colour

BOSE surround sound system

Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor

Preparation for mobile phone

19500 miles. Always garaged, never tracked, full OPC service history. 

Absolutely pristine condition.

8 minutes ago, Higgy said:

My pleasure!

New Config http://www.porsche-code.com/PKBEUWK0

Current Car 

https://postimg.cc/3dHKwTP1

2013 Boxster S White

Manual

Full leather in Agate Grey

Black hood.

20" Carrera S wheels

Sports exhaust system

PCM including Navigation module

Bi-Xenon lighting system with PDLS

2 zone automatic A/C

Sports Seats Plus

Multi function steering wheel

Cruise control

Heated seats

Light Design package

Electric folding mirrors

Illuminated Stainless Steel door sill guards

Guards Red seat belts

Rollover bar in exterior colour

BOSE surround sound system

Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor

Preparation for mobile phone

19500 miles. Always garaged, never tracked, full OPC service history. 

Absolutely pristine condition.

when will the 718 be delivered?

wot no reverse camera? or is that standard with PA front & rear already?

otherwise a sensible choice of options on the 718 IMHO

not to p*ss on your chips but do you think the cost to upgrade 981S to 718S is worth the £35k or whatever?

1 minute ago, Stuart21UK said:

when will the 718 be delivered?

wot no reverse camera? or is that standard with PA front & rear already?

otherwise a sensible choice of options on the 718 IMHO

not to p*ss on your chips but do you think the cost to upgrade 981S to 718S is worth the £35k or whatever?

February build - March delivery.

No camera - but you do get an image on the PCM screen - you have to stop somewhere!

Is it worth the upgrade money - well personal choice really - clearly for me yes, but other may disagree. I've been lucky to drive a lot of 718s since they came out in 2016 and I think they do everything that mine does, but just that little bit better, with the exception of the lovely flat six wail. Everything else, for me, makes up for that, and I think had I not experienced the F6 noise I would have got out of the 718 saying that doesn't sound too shabby....

3 hours ago, Higgy said:

February build - March delivery.

No camera - but you do get an image on the PCM screen - you have to stop somewhere!

Is it worth the upgrade money - well personal choice really - clearly for me yes, but other may disagree. I've been lucky to drive a lot of 718s since they came out in 2016 and I think they do everything that mine does, but just that little bit better, with the exception of the lovely flat six wail. Everything else, for me, makes up for that, and I think had I not experienced the F6 noise I would have got out of the 718 saying that doesn't sound too shabby....

Nice spec, very exciting! :neo:

1 minute ago, Higgy said:

Many hours happily spent faffing about on the configurator!

Were there a lot of difficult decisions? When I thought I was going to be ordering a build it was a nightmare (In a fun way) but I had a tight budget.

Budget aside though, exterior colour alone was a difficult choice, agate grey, guards red, my final choice of sapphire blue.

3 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Were there a lot of difficult decisions? When I thought I was going to be ordering a build it was a nightmare (In a fun way) but I had a tight budget.

Budget aside though, exterior colour alone was a difficult choice, agate grey, guards red, my final choice of sapphire blue.

Difficult decisions - well not too many. I had a good idea of what sort of car I wanted before I started.

GTS I discounted - great car, but, for me,  really to be a proper GTS it has to have to full Atcantara pack inside which means real personalisation is kinda difficult, apart from external colour they are all pretty much the same with minor variations.  My car will mostly be a European tourer and will never see a track day, and the GTS also had lots of bits - PTV / Sports Chrono which frankly I just didn't need or want - and don't get me started on that horrific rev matching feature with sports chrono 😁

So it was down to Base or S, and having driven a few of both,  I just like the S better. Had seen the odd car with Black/Crayon leather which I really liked. Currently have a white 981 and would have liked a white 718, but matched with the Black/Crayon interior it was a bit too much like a pimps car - and apologies to anyone who has that combination, although I did fly all the way upto Glasgow to look at one!  So played colours on the configurator until I was convinced Agate Grey matched best with the interior I wanted, and I like  AG anyway.  Wheels - very much a personal thing Carrera Sport ones (but only if painted) I liked best. Manual / PDK.....will be the first to admit the PDK is a fantastic bit of kit, but, possibly a being a bit of luddite, I just like being able to change gear is, for me a major part of the fun of having a car like this.  Having just just back from an extended trip down to Sardinia I recall thinking about the number of times I went from 3 to fifth, or from 6th to 3rd or similar changes on this and many other trips. Manual it had to be, and it's a gorgeous box anyway.  PASM is a bit of a punt  to be honest, current car doesn't have it and really haven't missed it, but hey it's another button to play with! The painted Sports design package  is simply stupid money for what it is but you see very few S models with it, so just makes it a bit different, and tart that I am I really like how it looks. But as I said ridiculous money, but had to have it. The rest of the options simply came into the category of items I've already got and don't want to be without, or things I don't have (like parking sensors with the hood up!) that I would like.  Anything I really wanted but don't have - no don't think so - have been able to personalise it to exactly what I want - maybe not to everyone taste, but am I bovvered 😁not a lot!

Strangely enough, even with the price hike,  the 2019 car worked out slightly cheaper than the 2018 car if you had included Sports exhaust on the 18 model. They've been a bit cheap standardising sports exhaust as it doesn't include Sports Tailpipes which you have to call up separately now.

7 minutes ago, Higgy said:

....I recall thinking about the number of times I went from 3 to fifth, or from 6th to 3rd or similar changes on this and many other trips. Manual it had to be, and it's a gorgeous box anyway

I agree with this, accelerate past legal speeds in 1st/2nd/3rd and then short shift to 5th/6th

Can see where you are coming from, matching the interior you wanted to an exterior colour. I actually tried to get them to change over the 19' wheels from an unregistered car to mine as they were painted and I preferred them, plus difference in cash my way, was the one thing they would not countenance though.

45 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Can see where you are coming from, matching the interior you wanted to an exterior colour. I actually tried to get them to change over the 19' wheels from an unregistered car to mine as they were painted and I preferred them, plus difference in cash my way, was the one thing they would not countenance though.

Well otherwise I would have ended up with a white exterior (which I wanted) and a black/crayon interior (which I wanted) and would have ended up with a pimpmobile......

49 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

I agree with this, accelerate past legal speeds in 1st/2nd/3rd and then short shift to 5th/6th

Or pootling along in 5th and suddenly get an overtaking opportunity which mandates a quick change down to 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Higgy said:

Well otherwise I would have ended up with a white exterior (which I wanted) and a black/crayon interior (which I wanted) and would have ended up with a pimpmobile......

Look on the bright side, you would never be out of work.😉

On 12/20/2018 at 5:06 PM, Stuart21UK said:

WP-20160211-005.jpg

Probably 6 months too early for me...bugger!

14 minutes ago, Higgy said:

Go on. Spoil yourself. You know you're worth it!  😁

Lol, it’s more about my current daily being a lease & needing to wait until that finishes!

On 12/22/2018 at 3:56 PM, Higgy said:

Go on. Spoil yourself. You know you're worth it!  😁

Spotted you on Autotrader too....note to self, stop looking too early!! 😳

Archived