Totally godsmacked....

Truth

1 hour ago, Sazzy said:

Why did I think you had sold your Boxster Southy?!! Did you advertise it for a while or am I going mad?

I was thinking about it, I was just asking some general questions.

She is still with me though, probably wouldn't sell her now, I just need to but a bigger house with a double garage  :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Southy said:

I was thinking about it, I was just asking some general questions.

She is still with me though, probably wouldn't sell her now, I just need to but a bigger house with a double garage  :)

:thumbsup_still:

If you ask me, I feel that there is some snobbery from the garages when it comes to the Boxster owners.  As they probably think you've bought the cheapest Porsche because you cant afford the higher end 911 and that fact that you ringing around for prices so you must be on a budget.

Where they prefer customers,  who they can tell them this and that needs doing and they simply just open the cheque book without any questions.

Mine went in to Two Plus Two a couple of times after I bought it, water pump, brake lines, coil packs, and a few other bits and bobs.  I asked them to do the drop links while they were at it, but they gave me the impression they didn't want to do them, understandable, because they're a horrible job.

They certainly know their stuff though, and are good at what they do imo.  They were quite pragmatic when necessary, for example, only replacing the coil packs that actually needed replacing.  It did feel like I almost had to persuade them to have the car in though.  I liked the way they emailed me annotated photographs during the work too.

Gareth is pretty much on the money that they seem to prefer the air cooled stuff.  I think some of their attitude comes from working for Porsche decades ago, and resenting some of the cost cutting manufacturing processes introduced, which were necessary to keep a modern day manufacturer afloat.

p.s- @Truth - I see you're local... now the weather is improving, there should be some Sunday morning brekkie runs from Bridgnorth being organised.

Cheers, Mike.

The weird thing is I WOULD actually consider using them as although I was a bit surprised by his attitude I was convinced  he did know his stuff 😂 .

Love Bridgnorth, great spot. We were there with the kids a couple of weeks back. I will try and make one if I can but weekends are busy with the 6 and 14 year olds....... Oh yes and I have to spend a little time with the wife as well 😁

Cheers for the invite 👍

Archived