ARB Bushes Dry or Greased

Sanky

I’m not sure why you would put grease in there as this could break down the rubber compound depending on the grease used, plus the bushes are not designed to rotate or move so why you grease any way.

Surely the roll bar has to rotate in the mounting bushes?  Whether lubricated or dry it would make littler difference to the roll stiffness of the car. That said most I've seen, except Proflex type hard bushes, are dry and as long as the bush is not damaged on the inner face and the finish on the ARB is smooth, should be OK dry.

13 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Surely the roll bar has to rotate in the mounting bushes?  Whether lubricated or dry it would make littler difference to the roll stiffness of the car. That said most I've seen, except Proflex type hard bushes, are dry and as long as the bush is not damaged on the inner face and the finish on the ARB is smooth, should be OK dry.

The ARB doesn't rotate much if at all. It's like a torsion beam and it twists or rather resists the twisting motion. 

If suspension is in bump or rebound on both sides it has to move in the bush,  granted may be no more than max 10° between full bump and rebound.

Archived