first impressions.

mark_j70

Picked my 550 Spyder up on First impressions, why have i waited this long to get one! used to have 350z this car is light and day different, the noise is intoxicating, no rattles, so much rev range available. Only negatives for me is legroom and having to effectively park to get hood up or down, though i think a mod is available for this. Since all the classic imprezas have tried up these cars have to be the best value sports cars out there!

5 hours ago, mark_j70 said:

Picked my 550 Spyder up on First impressions, why have i waited this long to get one! used to have 350z this car is light and day different, the noise is intoxicating, no rattles, so much rev range available. Only negatives for me is legroom and having to effectively park to get hood up or down, though i think a mod is available for this. Since all the classic imprezas have tried up these cars have to be the best value sports cars out there!

+1

Had 3 Imprezas (and 2 Legacy Turbos too) over 12 years.  Boxster is best fun since, still you could throw a scooby at pretty much any corner at insane speed and be pretty damn certain of getting out the other side.  Not so sure in a Boxster yet... 🤔

Edc,

Thanks, mine is No.1433 and is in great condition, have you modified the silencer in anyway? i'm torn because whilst i'd like a bit more noise, i'd like to maintain originality where possible and as you know the back box is different on the 550.

I don't think the backbox is different. The tailpipe is different. You can read my mods in my running report but I have stainless manifolds, sports cats and a Carnewal modified exhaust. 

Archived