Larger Wheels

718as

Hello,

I understand that the largest OEM wheels for the 981 Boxster (excl Spyder) were -

8.5x20 ET57 (Front)

10x20 ET50 (Rear)

I would be interested to know if anyone has installed any wider wheels to cover the arch gaps and if so the offsets also used.

Any pics too would be great.

Thanks

I used spacers mate on my set of 19 inch and 20,inch   I was also looking at a set of gt4 wheels at 11inch rear.🍩 I  searched all over but still couldn’t find a definitive answer on the 11inch rear.   But fitting spacers help a lot. I’ll get a pic of the car tomorrow for you. With 25mm rear and 7mm front. 👍  

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Why? Surely you are just putting more force on the extremist of design spec?

Because cosmetics, and grip. Obviously Porsche knew what they were doing when designing and releasing. But then the 986 had at least 3 sizes of wheels and multiple specs/designs. So I can’t see harm in making personal tweaks and choices. I had 9j front 10j rear 18”s on my 986 with big spacers and it was a nice meaty set up.

In the Owners Manual , the 10" rear wheel was an option -

8,5J x20, RO 57 /
10J x20, RO 50

I've only seen 10's on a Spyder, does anyone run 10's on the back?, if so what Offset are you using?

Thanks

On 3/29/2019 at 7:31 PM, fat haggis said:

I used spacers mate on my set of 19 inch and 20,inch   I was also looking at a set of gt4 wheels at 11inch rear.🍩 I  searched all over but still couldn’t find a definitive answer on the 11inch rear.   But fitting spacers help a lot. I’ll get a pic of the car tomorrow for you. With 25mm rear and 7mm front. 👍  

20x8.5 +48 and and 20x11 +50

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/940389-volk-te37-ultra-s-on-a-gt4-9.html

Archived