noob, on the hunt for my first Porsche

robporsche

3 hours ago, robporsche said:

nice, good to look at others to get a price point,  The white is really growing on me when red is what i really wanted when i started off.

I really wanted white when I was looking, bought a red one and love it. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, iborguk said:

funnily enough thats just down the road to me, ive sent them a email.  its 2.7 and i need to check, has heated seats, 19inch wheels, low miles,  but manual.    buying privately worries me with such an expensive car.    Might be worth a visit as it will be my first one.

Just now, robporsche said:

funnily enough thats just down the road to me, ive sent them a email.  its 2.7 and i need to check, has heated seats, 19inch wheels, low miles,  but manual.    buying privately worries me with such an expensive car.    Might be worth a visit as it will be my first one.

Yeah I thought that one was at least nearish for you. Worth going to have a look to see if it floats your boat. Again I'd recommend driving some to see what clicks.

10 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Yeah I thought that one was at least nearish for you. Worth going to have a look to see if it floats your boat. Again I'd recommend driving some to see what clicks.

yeah cheers,   yeah i will do,  not sure on pricing but seems fair enough as its newer.  Not sure how those 20inch wheels will actually feel though

Have we had this one yet? Decent miles, red, nice wheels, just about near budget but a manual. Been with the dealer for a couple of months so a good haggle could be had

https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d3715&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=RG22+4RT#listing=132787150

21 minutes ago, robporsche said:

yeah cheers,   yeah i will do,  not sure on pricing but seems fair enough as its newer.  Not sure how those 20inch wheels will actually feel though

Plenty out there to try, you'll know when you find the one at the money you're prepared to pay.

If the car feels right then worth some money to get it inspected by someone who knows their stuff. I see these Essex based guys rated by fourm members,  http://autostrasse.co/service/ I've no experience of them personally and I'm sure there are plenty of others.

I went another route for my first Pork , OPC purchase., which is why my budget landed me in a 987.1 but with the Porsche warranty behind me it was as bomb proof experience as I could get (from my perspective) as a Porsche first timer. A few months on and select 987.2's with PDK are now in that same OPC purchase range, I'd have gone there now. Next target for me is a 981. Good luck with the hunt !

10 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Have we had this one yet? Decent miles, red, nice wheels, just about near budget but a manual. Been with the dealer for a couple of months so a good haggle could be had

https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d3715&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=RG22+4RT#listing=132787150

thanks, yeah loks good but also looks like it sold. arrgh shame

56 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Ahh balls - sorry, looking on my phone!

no problems, appreciate you posting them up.  I cant like your posts as ive run out of likes but appreciate all the help i can get

trawling through adverts trying to collate and compare, these are the reds and fixed on 3.4 S  and ive changed my mind i dont mind a manual lol

might help others in the same boat trying to look, im in no rush i actually enjoy looking at all the options

red 2012  -

• Mobile Phone Preparation
  • 34000 mile
  • Seat Heating
  • Alloy Wheels - 20inch Carrera S
  • Mesh Wind Deflector
  • Park Assist Rear

2009 red 3.4

• 3 Spoke Leather Multi Function Steering Wheel
  • 6 Speaker Sound System
  • CD Storage
  • Cruise Control
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Porsche Communication Management (PCM) Navi.Module
  • Porsche Sound Pack
  • Telephone Module for PCM
  • Alloy Wheels - 19in Carrera S Design
  • Wind Deflector
  • PSM - Porsche Stability Management
  • Air-Conditioning
  • Alloy Wheels (19in)
  • 61000miles

red  2009 3.4

• Metallic Paint
  • PSM - Porsche Stability Management
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Air-Conditioning
  • Alloy Wheels (19in)
  • Computer (Driver Information System)
  • In Car Entertainment (Radio/CD/MP3)
  • Upholstery Leather
  • 57000mile

and now for the whites

981 white 45000miles

heated seats, 20 inch Carrera classic alloys, 7 Speed PDK gearbox, PCM touch screen sat nav, Bluetooth phone, sound package plus, sport design steering wheel, rear parking sensors, Xenon headlights. Full main dealer service history, next service not due until October 2020. 'N' marked Porsche approved tyres all round. . White, 2 owner

white 2011

25,500 gbp

32k miles

Archived