noob, on the hunt for my first Porsche

robporsche

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

And be careful around @John K - he’s a wrong un that can take threads in many random outcomes

I was going to post an outraged response, but you have kinda got me over a barrel...

4 minutes ago, robporsche said:

forum has limited my ability to like threads,  i guess cos im a newbie 

No, it just can’t believe anyone can like so much of the cr*p we post :) 

1 minute ago, Menoporsche said:

Ow that’s a strong price. 

yeah i thought that, need to see more to get a idea of price.  60k miles i need to see what should have been done in terms of servicing and also if i go top heavy on the price at 25k, and mileage seems to be around 35-45k and what needs to be doing very soon to factor that in 

4 minutes ago, iborguk said:

nice, good to look at others to get a price point,  The white is really growing on me when red is what i really wanted when i started off.

14 minutes ago, iborguk said:

thanks,  arrgh black vowed never to have another black car.  I detail cars in spare time and 95% of my cars i get through the books are black.      Mind is spining with all options,  I guess i need to narrow it down, feel like i keep lurching between one model to the next.

6 minutes ago, robporsche said:

thanks,  arrgh black vowed never to have another black car.  I detail cars in spare time and 95% of my cars i get through the books are black.      Mind is spining with all options,  I guess i need to narrow it down, feel like i keep lurching between one model to the next.

I fell into a 987.1 manual and love it. If I were looking now it would probably be a 987.2 with PDK (mate has one of those and is v nice). My advice would be go drive a few and see what you like. 

1 hour ago, robporsche said:

already over budget when searching,  have never been keen on white cars but i said that about my S3 and red cars but it works.

white 2.9

for that price you can get a 981! then you can add some Martini stripes to make it go even faster :)

37 minutes ago, mrbikerdood said:

for that price you can get a 981! then you can add some Martini stripes to make it go even faster :)

cheers ill start a further search on that model lol.   the 981 is a tasty looking car.   seen a couple of red ones on ebay in the past.

Archived