Buzzing noise at speed

GmanB

I've just recently discovered a buzzing noise coming from the top of the wind screen area. It's really quite loud, starts at 65-70 mph and get progressively louder as speed increases. The noise is still there with the roof down, but doesn't really hit my ears until way over the national speed limit, but that could just be wind noise disguising it. 

I've had a look and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious that's causing it except possibly the thin white strip at the top of the wind screen just below the black rubber (see below). There are two splits in the rubber there and I'm thinking that's vibrating. Apologies for the blurred photo. 

nUciybu.jpg

It could well be the black rubber seal. Has anyone had this before? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

If you haven't, then try treating the seal/s with some silicone grease. 

Ive found that  buzzes/rattles come and go on mine, but the above helps. 

Thanks Paul, it's totally filthy at the moment so I'll give that a bash after the clean at the weekend. It's not always present, I'd say about 50% of the time. Probably dependant on wind direction?

The left side of that seal looks a bit wonky. Use Gummi pflege on the seals.

1 minute ago, bally4563 said:

Or open the window and let the wasp out!!!

Wasn't me!

Thanks for creating this post. I get this with mine too! Only recently started happening and I have to say I’m not sure if it does it with the roof down but will find out next week when the hot weather arrives. Please let me know if you find a solution. 

Plan of action is to leave the wife at home to see if that solves it.

Failing that a good clean and let it dry, try and re-sit that left part as it is wonky and then apply some silicone grease to both the black and white rubber.

I have some Gummi pflege coming next week if the above doesn't resolve it. Will update here with the results soon. 

Archived