Boxster 987.1 Manifold Studs

iborguk

Hi, been advised that the manifold studs on my Boxster 987.1 are badly corroded.

Anyone know of a good Indy in Essex/Herts/Cambs/Suffolk with experience of dealing with this ?

Thanks

Just because they are corroded it doesn't mean you have to change them. Are there any exhaust leak problems? Any Indy who has worked on 986/987 Boxsters will know what to do. 

Hi not leaking yet - just wanted to get an informed, view from an Indy who is well versed in dealing with this.

Part of me is saying leave well alone until there's an issue but good to get some advice from someone who has experience of the process.

Thanks

Unless there is a problem or an MOT emissions fail or you just want to remove for a modification then I would just leave it for now. 

What he said ^^^^

The majority will have to be drilled out.  In a years time, you could be in the exact same situation.  If the exhaust isn't blowing, leave well alone. :)

Yes based on quoted £££ numbers for this I think leave well alone until needed.

Just to share in case someone finds this useful here’s one particular OPCs take on what original parts they would replace in this process, as you can see even they go “bolt” on the retrofit.

99711111300 X 2 GASKET

99908404602 X 6 NUT

90007536502   X6 BOLT

98711122000   X1 CLAMP

00004330054 X1 CLAMP

Are those part numbers for the cat to manifold joint rather than manifold to head? Why would you need clamps for the manifold to head?

Assume you mean the parts below,  they seem to be joining clamps on the back boxes and the pipework to the tail pipe.

987 111 220 00 (Clamp)

000 043 300 54 (2 Clamp Set)

So I think it was "recommended replacement  whilst you're there" re these in the context of the conversation I had.

So bare minimum to do the job would be

997 111 113 00  Gasket , Quantity required x 2

999 084 046 02  Nut, Quantity required x 6

900 075 365 02  Bolt, Quantity required x 6

Archived