No Tpms ??

zagamuffin

Well, had the car home 8 hrs and went on a Porsche club of Ireland run to beautiful Dingle and the skelligs where the recent Star Wars was filmed.

well anyway I was about 80 miles into the drive and we stopped for a chat and to photograph the beautiful views and one of the lads saw I had a flat rear tyre.One of the experts showed me the air pump under the bonnet which helped as the tyre was down to 19.5psi.Didnt get a warning from the car and from looking it appears I don’t have tpms,how can you spend so much on fancy options and leave out such an important safety feature (or why is it not bloody std) 

anyway is is there anyway of retro fitting it ???

If you think that is penny pinching by Porsche how about this which came to light on this forum a few months ago. As standard there is no BONG if your passenger forgets to put their seat belt on - there is one for the driver!

Dave

On 6/29/2019 at 11:04 PM, Malcolm E Box said:

The 2013 981 Boxster I had was fitted with TPMS as standard.

I believe it was an option until it became mandatory from Jan 1st 2015 , i think 981 builds from July 2014 had them as std.

It also an mot failure now if they arent working properly and im never to sure on the battery life of them?

On 6/29/2019 at 11:04 PM, Malcolm E Box said:

The 2013 981 Boxster I had was fitted with TPMS as standard.

mine is 2013 (reg Sep 2013) and it wasn't standard on mine (or specified by me either)

Archived