Looking at a 981s tomorrow

G2JRP

Hi looking at a Boxster S tomorrow, it’s a 2012 with 22k miles with PSE, sports Chrono, etc. But no Sat Nav or upgraded sound.  The Car is at DMS cars sales, wonder what people’s thoughts of it are? It’s had a few owners wondered if any are on hear, price is £33k.

Thanks for any comments

Jonathan.

im in the market for a 981 (dont worry i want a red one lol) but that looks good still has some porsche warranty left on it aswell which is good assurance to have.     I think thats definatley worth looking at for the price.   Dont knwo anything about the dealer though 

Just noticed they have a rather tasty SL55 AMG which ive always wanted lol

Had a quick look, it's a nice specification with warranty, if you can live without Nav and potentially bluetooth.  A USB slot in the glovebox is something to look for also so you can play music from it.

Quite rare to find the perfect spec, but i'd say sports seat plus and climate control are nice options, as are Chrono, PSE, the wheels and the Sports design wheel.

And Rob.... Red is awesome!

29 minutes ago, G2JRP said:

Thanks for the comments, happy with no nav just concerned on the standard stereo.

will let you know what the SL55 is like😀

lol good luck

30 minutes ago, G2JRP said:

Thanks for the comments, happy with no nav just concerned on the standard stereo.

will let you know what the SL55 is like😀

You can add an amp and upgrade the speakers for reasonable cost.

Looks a tidy motor. Some nice options on it too, body coloured roll bar, climate, PSE, cruise and looks like a different diffuser on the back too. Good luck and enjoy the PSE :D

Just to update the topic, we decided it was best to look around some of the cars at Ashgood prior to seeing the one at DMS.  We saw Del @ Ashgood, very friendly and helpful, showed us around the white boxster s they had with only 7k on it,  took it for a drive and was very impressed, numbers did not work out for us on ours and my wife wanted to see the other one, but it was very good to have as a comparison.  

So went to DMS, David was very helpful and gave us the time we needed to look around the car both going on test drive, which lie let me and my wife go out together.  The condition of this car was way better, my wife preferred the wheels and the gloss black finish to the diffuser and air intakes.  I must say the PSE is a must have, specially coming from a car with a Carnewal exhaust.

Well deal done, due to holidays and work we cannot collect the car till 2nd August so wife has a long wait, they have offered to deliver for free.

very happy and would recommend DMS and Ashgood 

Wow that is a nice drivers spec car for the money. Good find, I would rather have Sport Chrono and PSE than nav any day. I think it will have Bluetooth for the phone (just not the phone module which uses the phones sim) but no DAB which again is not a biggie. Have fun getting used to the manual via the flappy paddles. That sport wheel is still one of the best steering wheels fitted to any car !

I hardly used to have my Bose on so don’t worry about it, just enjoy that engine note 😉

Car sits/ looks very good, white on carrera S wheels is such a nice combo on the 981. It has the GTS rear diffuser fitted. whoever specced that car was undoubtedly on a sensible budget and specced it to be driven 

Congratulations, the car looks great (although I might be a tad biased on colour) and a lovely spec to enjoy. Good luck with having to wait til you get it, I’m cr*p at that bit lol

nice one,  ive lost two this week so if you like it then go for it or someone else will.   i'll have another look at ashgood.

9 hours ago, Jonttt said:

Wow that is a nice drivers spec car for the money. Good find, I would rather have Sport Chrono and PSE than nav any day. I think it will have Bluetooth for the phone (just not the phone module which uses the phones sim) but no DAB which again is not a biggie. Have fun getting used to the manual via the flappy paddles. That sport wheel is still one of the best steering wheels fitted to any car !

I hardly used to have my Bose on so don’t worry about it, just enjoy that engine note 😉

Car sits/ looks very good, white on carrera S wheels is such a nice combo on the 981. It has the GTS rear diffuser fitted. whoever specced that car was undoubtedly on a sensible budget and specced it to be driven 

Thanks, I remember you from zroadsters, I sold my Z3m and got a M3 e93.  The boxster is for the wife, very impressed with the drive, and as you say the spec from the first owner is spot on..

7 hours ago, robporsche said:

nice one,  ive lost two this week so if you like it then go for it or someone else will.   i'll have another look at ashgood.

There was a nice silver with red hood there not our colour choice and a bit over our budget.  If it is close by definitely worth popping in

9 hours ago, Forest said:

Congratulations, the car looks great (although I might be a tad biased on colour) and a lovely spec to enjoy. Good luck with having to wait til you get it, I’m cr*p at that bit lol

Bit of a wait but holiday including Silverstone classics 😀

2 hours ago, G2JRP said:

Thanks, I remember you from zroadsters, I sold my Z3m and got a M3 e93.  The boxster is for the wife, very impressed with the drive, and as you say the spec from the first owner is spot on..

Ah yes, I thought your username was familiar 

I still have the reg BMW23M on retention, waiting for the car values to rise so I can get what I think the reg will be worth of the bread van guys lol

Reluctantly sold my S54 to an offer I simply could not refuse from a guy who just wanted to buy it knowing I did not want to sell it (a good friend with too much money lol). It was virtually a straight swap into a 981GTS for me (I think its still the highest price a Z3m has sold for in the UK). I thought that Z3m would be a keeper but its turned out to be a 993 instead (things never work out as you plan them)

I’m sure you’ll both enjoy that 981, lot of car for the money 😉 

10 hours ago, Jonttt said:

Ah yes, I thought your username was familiar 

I still have the reg BMW23M on retention, waiting for the car values to rise so I can get what I think the reg will be worth of the bread van guys lol

Reluctantly sold my S54 to an offer I simply could not refuse from a guy who just wanted to buy it knowing I did not want to sell it (a good friend with too much money lol). It was virtually a straight swap into a 981GTS for me (I think its still the highest price a Z3m has sold for in the UK). I thought that Z3m would be a keeper but its turned out to be a 993 instead (things never work out as you plan them)

I’m sure you’ll both enjoy that 981, lot of car for the money 😉 

Thanks small world

I have got the list of options from the vin, wondered if anyone could help with more details on the following,

785 universal multimedia interface 

696 radio CD-R-31 (high resolution screen, dvd, usb, mp3, cd) does this mean that the car has a usb connector so I can connect an iPod.

Thanks 

On 7/15/2019 at 9:16 PM, G2JRP said:

I have got the list of options from the vin, wondered if anyone could help with more details on the following,

785 universal multimedia interface 

696 radio CD-R-31 (high resolution screen, dvd, usb, mp3, cd) does this mean that the car has a usb connector so I can connect an iPod.

Thanks 

Good reference here on what the options were

https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/boxster-981/

and here for the whole manual with the option descriptions http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Porsche/Boxster/Porsche_int Boxster_2013.pdf

Mine has the Universal multimedia interface (but it is listed as 870 option code from the info I got from Porsche when I gave them the VIN) - it includes the USB and Aux port in the glovebox and allows an iPhone to be connected and recognised as an "iPod" - works really well. (Option 785 is Auto Stop Start default on)

696 Radio is the non Nav CDR 31 I believe

7 hours ago, Withy said:

Good reference here on what the options were

https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/boxster-981/

and here for the whole manual with the option descriptions http://www.auto-brochures.com/makes/Porsche/Boxster/Porsche_int Boxster_2013.pdf

Mine has the Universal multimedia interface (but it is listed as 870 option code from the info I got from Porsche when I gave them the VIN) - it includes the USB and Aux port in the glovebox and allows an iPhone to be connected and recognised as an "iPod" - works really well. (Option 785 is Auto Stop Start default on)

696 Radio is the non Nav CDR 31 I believe

Great thanks

Archived