Can anyone tell me if this is an OEM locking wheel nut

Stuart1

Long story short I have managed to misplace the locking wheel socket and need to get a spare. I have been into my local dealership today to try and order one  but they have told me its not OEM however google images suggests it is. 

A1F5983D-8894-49E9-AA51-1F69A8479B14.jpeg

Doesn't look OE. Firstly doesn't appear to have the floating collar and the OE ones have the pattern in the face of the head rather than around the circumference. 

It would be easier to just remove them with a rounded nut remover (if you're near Oxford, I can do it for you) and then replace them with standard, non locking ones. 

Any half committed thief will be able to remove your wheels with or without locking nuts 

Yup, many here have swapped them out for non-lockers.

When your battery is flat and the terminals are in the frunk, but you can't open the frunk as the battery is flat, and you need to take a front wheel off to get to the emergency frunk release, but you can't take the front wheel off as the locking nut key is in the frunk... we see it here every couple of months regularly. 

Total PITA locking wheel bolts, more so on a Porsche, replaced all mine with non locking stainless steel bolts. Honestly if thieves can't steal your whole car they probably won't bother. 

Thanks guys, I am not worried about keeping them just need then removed, car is presently sat on axle stands and 3 wheels. I managed to bin the wheel nut with the old rads and condensers I was replacing!

Thanks for your kind offer however im up in Northumberland, would something like this suffice ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Voche-Socket-removal-Locking-Damaged/dp/B01LAYUNS8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=1%2F2+inch+rounded+bolt+removal+tool&qid=1563821805&s=gateway&sr=8-1

5 minutes ago, Stuart1 said:

Certainly will, thank you very much indeed 

Apologies, I must have thrown it out with the rusty old bolts. Good luck, hope you can get it done cheaply. 

6 minutes ago, GmanB said:

Apologies, I must have thrown it out with the rusty old bolts. Good luck, hope you can get it done cheaply. 

No problem, do you recall the kit you used , was it similar to the type I linked to above ?

My locking wheel nut fell apart and was left in same position as you, took it to my local Tyre dealer and he got them off cost £20, I know you have it up on axle stands but if you get stuck worth considering. Also consigned them to bin replaced with new bolts. Good Luck

That is a Genuine Porsche wheel lock bolt, an old knackered one with the collar missing. There are 30 different combination sockets for those so you have no chance of borrowing one and it fitting!

The wheel nut removal set in the 1st link will work, the 3rd largest one hammered on will remove these Porsche locks, had to do it with my old Zenith Boxster last year. Sling them all in the bin when you get them off, replace with a standard bolt.

Drop it off the axle stands and take it to your local KwikFit and get them to remove them with their kit. 

That's what we did with our old car a few years back, one of the best £20 spends in a while. 

As mentioned, scrap the lockers. 

12 minutes ago, EXY said:

Drop it off the axle stands and take it to your local KwikFit and get them to remove them with their kit. 

That's what we did with our old car a few years back, one of the best £20 spends in a while. 

As mentioned, scrap the lockers. 

Thanks, living in the middle of nowhere means nearest tyre place is 26 miles away, ill also need to refit the bumper etc beforehand as its presently all stripped down following the rads and air condensers being replaced. The kit arrives tomorrow so if that doesn't do it then that will be plan B 

11 hours ago, T911UK said:

That is a Genuine Porsche wheel lock bolt, an old knackered one with the collar missing. There are 30 different combination sockets for those so you have no chance of borrowing one and it fitting!

The wheel nut removal set in the 1st link will work, the 3rd largest one hammered on will remove these Porsche locks, had to do it with my old Zenith Boxster last year. Sling them all in the bin when you get them off, replace with a standard bolt.

This but be careful, the old metal is very very soft and easy for them to just crumble to pieces when you hammer on the remover ie make sure you hammer it on and get a good tight fight and try not to “shock” them too much on rotation 😉

I had exactly the same on a 993 and they ended up crumbling, I had to get an old socket welded on to get them off 

On 7/23/2019 at 10:02 PM, Jonttt said:

This but be careful, the old metal is very very soft and easy for them to just crumble to pieces when you hammer on the remover ie make sure you hammer it on and get a good tight fight and try not to “shock” them too much on rotation 😉

I had exactly the same on a 993 and they ended up crumbling, I had to get an old socket welded on to get them off 

Thats because 993 ones are aluminium nuts, these are steel bolts, 100 times harder!

Archived