Topping up Oil. How much per segment?

Gutley

So my 987.2 has been wavering on the oil measurement between the 2nd from bottom and bottom segments. Anyone know how much oil to put in to raise it by a segment at a time. I'd like to get it into the 2nd or 3rd from top segments. Is each segment the same volume of oil?

To state the obvious, have you looked in the manual for this information? They usually state at least the amount required to go from the bottom mark to the top (so you could proportion it - I'm sure it's meant to be approximately equal amounts per gradation); it may even tell you the amount per segment.

A US manual I found online said 1.25 litres from min to max marks, and c.0.4 litre per segment; I don't know if there's any reason it would be different on a UK car (would it have the same number of segments in the display - the US manual seemed like it was just 3 segments between min & max, but your description sounds like you may have more, or are you counting the ones outside the min-max range?)

38 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

the US manual seemed like it was just 3 segments between min & max, but your description sounds like you may have more, or are you counting the ones outside the min-max range

Yes, its like this

pg_129_img_2.jpg

Archived