What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

11 hours ago, daz05 said:

Alignment required and on the cards for Monday but I'm comfortable directing them myself I know exactly how I like the car set up.

Who do you use for alignment I am in Uddingston but it would be no problem to travel.

4 hours ago, deanmr2 said:

Who do you use for alignment I am in Uddingston but it would be no problem to travel.

I don't have anyone specific, Porsche did it last time when the axle carriers were recalled. Someone with the hunter system is usually a good shout. 

On 1/28/2023 at 1:23 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

Ordered 👍

My OEM Spyder ducktail will be with me start next week, fitting brackets needed on back order 🙁

2 hours ago, Raffe said:

Which seat option does your car have?

Standard Sports Seats.  The multiway electronic adjustable ones are a put off for me personally & the proper buckets are so hard to actually get in and out of too.  Standard are comforatable over a long drive and OK to actually use on a daily basis.

2 hours ago, GTSMarky said:

Standard Sports Seats.  The multiway electronic adjustable ones are a put off for me personally & the proper buckets are so hard to actually get in and out of too.  Standard are comforatable over a long drive and OK to actually use on a daily basis.

I thought these were the basic GTS seats, 2 way adjustable not the fancy 18 way.

Fitted my 10mm spacers front and back. Front looks perfect, rear looks like it could do with a slightly bigger one.

Once the H&R springs go on next week and I’ve got a bit of neg camber I’ll work out what’s needed, gut says 15mm like I had on 987.

My new discs from Autodoc arrived a few days ago.

Checked the box, all looked ok. Whipped the first disc off, looked to compare old and new. What!!! The new ones are only 315mm not the 330mm I have.

Checked on the Autodoc website, my car, a 2016 GTS listed as correct for these ATE discs. WRONG!

Not happy, having to take a hit and buy Eurocarparts ones for more £££ and faff about returning the Autodoc ones. Not the first time they have sent the wrong stuff, I ordered air filters, got sent 987.1 ones instead of 991. It's areal PITA when you dismantle half of the car to find the replacement doesn't fit. Having said that, it's not as much hassle as trying to fill your wallet up after the OPC have emptied it, lol. (To be fair, some of the stuff from the OPC isn't too bad, Design 911 are worse, they aren't as pleasant to deal with as they don't have a range of tasty cars to ogle at whilst they fleece you).

58 minutes ago, andygo said:

My new discs from Autodoc arrived a few days ago.

Checked the box, all looked ok. Whipped the first disc off, looked to compare old and new. What!!! The new ones are only 315mm not the 330mm I have.

Checked on the Autodoc website, my car, a 2016 GTS listed as correct for these ATE discs. WRONG!

Not happy, having to take a hit and buy Eurocarparts ones for more £££ and faff about returning the Autodoc ones. Not the first time they have sent the wrong stuff, I ordered air filters, got sent 987.1 ones instead of 991. It's areal PITA when you dismantle half of the car to find the replacement doesn't fit. Having said that, it's not as much hassle as trying to fill your wallet up after the OPC have emptied it, lol. (To be fair, some of the stuff from the OPC isn't too bad, Design 911 are worse, they aren't as pleasant to deal with as they don't have a range of tasty cars to ogle at whilst they fleece you).

Pagid £65.47 each on carparts 4 less (Euro carparts alter ego) if thats any help? https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/

3 hours ago, andygo said:

I have a eurocarparts a mile or so away. Cars in bits, so am picking them up up tomorrow. £86 inc VAT and offhand attitude from staff, lol.

Car parts $ less are exactly the same outlet and they are £20 cheaper a corner Check the part numbers out and location ......... Just saying

Edited by Toeside

1 hour ago, Toeside said:

Car parts $ less are exactly the same outlet and they are £20 cheaper a corner Check the part numbers out and location ......... Just saying

But no good if you need the part today or tomorrow morning, assuming it is in stock locally.