Navigation unit.

DaveEFI

35 minutes ago, John K said:

What? The paper OS map laid out on the passenger seat..?

Apologies to @DaveEFI for the drift, but not everyone on this forum is an old fart who is terrified of modern tech. And sometimes they need to be called out on how ancient they really are....

Hehe - willing to bet I'm one of the oldest farts on here. Boxster bought for my third childhood.😀

1 hour ago, John K said:

@Pinewood, Dude, peel the sticker off..! :P

1 hour ago, Araf said:

If it was me, I'd still have the screen cover on it. :)

Pah. If it was me, it would still have the cardboard around it. On a shelf in the man cave :(  

16 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Pah. If it was me, it would still have the cardboard around it. On a shelf in the man cave :(  

Because you live in the country of Manyana 

And Manyana is like Enshallah without the sense of urgency....

And trust me, when you have asked a UAE customs officer when your Cisco Firewall will be released from customs only to hear "Enshallah" you will know what it's like to consider taking your own life, with a blunt paperclip...

42 minutes ago, DaveEFI said:

Hehe - willing to bet I'm one of the oldest farts on here. Boxster bought for my third childhood.😀

Ok, so you qualify as an "old git" but until you admit that pointless arguments with strangers is a "thing" for you, you won't fit in...

4 hours ago, John K said:

Ok, so you qualify as an "old git" but until you admit that pointless arguments with strangers is a "thing" for you, you won't fit in...

I keep that for Usenet. Shows you how old I really am.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 4:54 PM, Araf said:

Paging @Richard Hamilton.

@DaveEFI, Richard has the kit and upgrades your PCM for beer money + the cost of him getting a licence for your VIN.  It will give you full postcode searches and update to the latest available maps.  He's done mine and plenty of others on the forum.  It takes a good couple of hours and is a fraction of the £4-500 that Porsche want for the upgrade.

Richard upgraded it for me today. Now have current UK maps and can use the full UK postcode. So thanks Araf for the heads up and Richard for providing such a superb service.😀

2 hours ago, DaveEFI said:

Richard upgraded it for me today. Now have current UK maps and can use the full UK postcode. So thanks Araf for the heads up and Richard for providing such a superb service.😀

He's a great guy and a forum asset, isn't he. :)

Archived