Litronic Bulbs

½cwt

7 hours ago, golfprorich said:

I put the Osram Nightbreaker D2S in my litronics when I had the Boxster, massive improvement over the shyatee that was in there before.

Sounds like a recommendation to me. 

I've got used to LED lights in my other car so even Xenons seem quite poor now.  Glad I don't have to use standard H4 or H7 bulbs anymore, I wouldn't be albe to see a thing.

5 minutes ago, John2000 said:

I remember @Saxosim saying something about people putting too high voltage bulbs in their headlights and it makes the inner lens go yellow  but I've no idea what type he was referring to perhaps he will enlighten me/us.

Halogen bulbs are generally 55w. If you put higher wattage in the heat can burn your lense or reflector. 

I don't want to steal the thread from the OP but they are selling a pair of Osram Night Breaker Laser Next Gen Upgrade Headlight Bulb Set - H1 Twin Box for £31 but when I put my registration into their website that bulb is not listed as suitable for my car a 2001 986

1 hour ago, John2000 said:

I don't want to steal the thread from the OP but they are selling a pair of Osram Night Breaker Laser Next Gen Upgrade Headlight Bulb Set - H1 Twin Box for £31 but when I put my registration into their website that bulb is not listed as suitable for my car a 2001 986

What headlights do you have, standard or Litronics?

2 hours ago, John2000 said:

Thanks @golfprorich your education on this is appreciated

Hi-jacker...!

H7 will be what you need. 

The Litronics have a system where the dipped light actually angles up for main beam plus an H7.  I had a couple of night breakers I'd used to upgrade a previous car which I swapped our before I sold it and these are in the main beam.  I do recommend them.  From looking at various pictures it appears like the halogen only headlights go to main beam by moving the lens/reflector so on only a single bulb, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

We're mostly all here to exchange knowledge, learn and be generally entertained plus ask the odd random question.  Not all of these options are always compatible though!  I've taken the odd thread or two off topic too :offtopic:

13 hours ago, John2000 said:

Grabs coat and leaves the post with more understanding than he had entered it.😁

However, glad to be of service 😉

Not sure what golfprorich's experience is, but if your car is a daily driver I'd recommend buying two sets and possibly keeping the second one in the car. My experience of nightbreakers - at least the uprated halogen ones - is that they die after a year or two.  Might be handy having spares in the car so as not to be caught out.

Archived