Roof cleaning

Downsey

Hadn't considered that aspect and don't recall it being mentioned in the wife's EOS manual.  Thought the hydraulic systems were only necessary for the folding metal roofs due to their greater weight and thus forces on mechanism when operating.  I may be about to get shot down here and show my ignorance but a Boxster roof isn't hydraulic is it....? 

11 minutes ago, jason3.2s said:

Open convertible top when it is completely dry, otherwise damp stains and scrub marks may occur which cannot be removed.

There goes the old wives tale.

Yup there in B&W......

3 hours ago, Apollo000 said:

Yup there in B&W......

Seems pretty definitive. 

Although I get the gist that the OP was originally taking about seal and mechanism cleaning and we all some how diverted into fabric cleaning....

6 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Although I get the gist that the OP was originally taking about seal and mechanism cleaning and we all some how diverted into fabric cleaning....

Er, to quote the OP: "Whats the best cleaning agent / restore to make it more supple?" which I think is pretty much asking about the fabric, not the mechanism... :whistle1:  

1 hour ago, Davey P said:

Er, to quote the OP: "Whats the best cleaning agent / restore to make it more supple?" which I think is pretty much asking about the fabric, not the mechanism... :whistle1:  

OK getting confused by the picture in the post showing rubber seals and the mechanism.

I'm only a simple soul and easily confused.....

On 1/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, jason3.2s said:

Open convertible top when it is completely dry, otherwise damp stains and scrub marks may occur which cannot be removed.

There goes the old wives tale.

Poo

I guess my top is now scrap

I've never opened my roof when wet but mine has scrub marks which I thought 'they all had' from years of raising and lowering the roof, so I guess previous owners must've opened it when wet <_<

I had it down the other day though at 6 degrees. I too thought the cold weather thing only applied to the plastic rear screens and the risk of them splitting, so now I'm not sure :mellow:

Archived