Here's a few pitcures of my car

rhys57

The black and grey of those decals works very well IMHO. I'm not a fan of black-on-black cars but those decals break it up quite nicely. 

(An aside, but 944's sometimes have decals applied on the top of the front wings. A similar debate rages about colours of decals there but the consensus is that the more subtle ones look better than the more contrasting ones. So this: 

for+sale+0071337129994.jpg

rather than this: 

imager.php?f=1&i=73695f767bffebe818345a8

8 minutes ago, zcacogp said:

The black and grey of those decals works very well IMHO. I'm not a fan of black-on-black cars but those decals break it up quite nicely. 

(An aside, but 944's sometimes have decals applied on the top of the front wings. A similar debate rages about colours of decals there but the consensus is that the more subtle ones look better than the more contrasting ones. So this: 

for+sale+0071337129994.jpg

rather than this: 

imager.php?f=1&i=73695f767bffebe818345a8

Cool 

I have a 944 in my life. But can't drive it due to the ULEZ in London so bought a Cayman instead. 

If the ULEZ was scrapped tomorrow then I'd sell the Cayman. That's the wrong thing to say on this forum but the 944 is that much better. 

3 minutes ago, zcacogp said:

I have a 944 in my life. But can't drive it due to the ULEZ in London so bought a Cayman instead. 

If the ULEZ was scrapped tomorrow then I'd sell the Cayman. That's the wrong thing to say on this forum but the 944 is that much better. 

How much is the ULEZ, is it a daily charge? 

1 hour ago, rhys57 said:

How much is the ULEZ, is it a daily charge? 

£12.50 congestion charge, and the ULEZ is an extra £12.50 on top. So driving in central London would cost me £25 a day. I go there two or three times a week, meaning £50-£75 a week. Plus other taxes (road tax, petrol, parking etc etc etc). Plus my local authority charges more for a residential parking permit to allow me to park outside my house if the car is a 'polluting model'. 

The real kicker will be in 2021 when the ULEZ area expands to where I live, meaning I will have to pay every single time I move my car. Yes, really. 

1 hour ago, Roger C said:

That's not a very nice one. It's an early Lux (2.5 8v), with later wheels and the wrong hatch (that spoiler is wrong, and it's missing some very expensive bits of trim from the spoiler itself). The interior has been mucked around with, the seats non-original, those harnesses are frankly dangerous (look at the angle they form behind the seat - that's a spinal injury if you ever crash), the door cards have been hacked around with and the speakers and pedals are ugly. Price is VERY high for what it is. 

Here's a much better one: 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911054064126?postcode=ol99hz&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=relevance&model=944&radius=1501&make=PORSCHE&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1&modal=photos

Fair-priced early S2 (3.0 16v model). Sills look good, wheels and exhaust are standard, fog lights intact, front end (headlight covers, bonnet etc) all align well, script interior (not sports seats though), good mileage, good history, shame about the colour - white is not as popular as other colours. If I was in the market for an S2 then I'd be off to look at this one. 

10 minutes ago, zcacogp said:

£12.50 congestion charge, and the ULEZ is an extra £12.50 on top. So driving in central London would cost me £25 a day. I go there two or three times a week, meaning £50-£75 a week. Plus other taxes (road tax, petrol, parking etc etc etc). Plus my local authority charges more for a residential parking permit to allow me to park outside my house if the car is a 'polluting model'. 

The real kicker will be in 2021 when the ULEZ area expands to where I live, meaning I will have to pay every single time I move my car. Yes, really. 

That's not a very nice one. It's an early Lux (2.5 8v), with later wheels and the wrong hatch (that spoiler is wrong, and it's missing some very expensive bits of trim from the spoiler itself). The interior has been mucked around with, the seats non-original, those harnesses are frankly dangerous (look at the angle they form behind the seat - that's a spinal injury if you ever crash), the door cards have been hacked around with and the speakers and pedals are ugly. Price is VERY high for what it is. 

Here's a much better one: 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911054064126?postcode=ol99hz&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=relevance&model=944&radius=1501&make=PORSCHE&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1&modal=photos

Fair-priced early S2 (3.0 16v model). Sills look good, wheels and exhaust are standard, fog lights intact, front end (headlight covers, bonnet etc) all align well, script interior (not sports seats though), good mileage, good history, shame about the colour - white is not as popular as other colours. If I was in the market for an S2 then I'd be off to look at this one. 

Omg that's expensive 

Yeah that looks good.

I'm getting my 981 back soon and I'm starting to think about tweaking some bits like wheel colour and maybe painting the plastic bits. I think the combination of some grey or darker silver on the mirrors, side vents, bumper slats and wheels could break up the black a bit.

Has anyone seen a Porsche sticker down the side of a 981?

Here I've flirted with a silver mirror - just because I smashed the black one.

before.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The ULEZ is such a fun killer, like you next year I will be on the door step of living in the zone and driving into it regularly, so not really an option to not have a Euro 6 car...maybe justifiable if you have a car that is just a weekend plaything.....

Archived