Will these brakes fit?

03slatt

18 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Isn't there a school of thought which suggests to avoid drilled discs as they corrode much faster?

They crack but I don't think rust is any worse than solid discs. The cracks tend to be from extreme use and so on a road car, I don't think it'll really matter. 

Interesting point Menoporsche. I thought you could only get undrilled disks for the early 986 Boxsters? 

I do wonder about the advantages of drilled disks (i.e. almost certainly none for 99.9% of use) and the downsides of them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 11:32 AM, Lennym1984 said:

They crack but I don't think rust is any worse than solid discs. The cracks tend to be from extreme use and so on a road car, I don't think it'll really matter. 

Non drilled discs don't seem to suffer the inner corrosion/delamination issues that the drilled type can. 

There had been lots of threads about it on here over the years. 

6 hours ago, 03slatt said:

Purchased and fitted nice easy job with nothing corroded for once,  45 mins each side taking my time 

Good work.Did you use the eBay discs and pads?Sorry I’m late to this thread but they don’t appear to be correct for your car?

5 hours ago, Liberty said:

Good work.Did you use the eBay discs and pads?Sorry I’m late to this thread but they don’t appear to be correct for your car?

Yes took a gamble they came in a brembo box with boxster 987 2.7 2005-2008 printed on them , they fit and work fine , only thing that's strange is there not sided but I did some googling and appears that this type of brembo aren't.

Archived