Ignition switch or barrel?

Pordave

Evening all.

I have a problem where on turning the ignition on or starting up the wipers and heater fan only work intermittently. 
I have to waggle the key to get them to work.

Would a kind Boxster sage tell me if it’s the key part of the ignition barrel or the electrical part most likely to be at fault.

Its a 1999 2.7 manual 

Cheers Dave

4 minutes ago, Pordave said:

Cheers chaps, at 66 I reckon it’s one for a nubile contortionist then.

Anyone know one?

I have enough trouble getting in and out without getting stuck.

Carful with requests like that, members like John K and rowbos will snap it up and twist it out of all recognition... 

40 minutes ago, Pordave said:

Cheers chaps, at 66 I reckon it’s one for a nubile contortionist then.

Anyone know one?

I have enough trouble getting in and out without getting stuck.

Nonsense. My 60 something year old father helped me with mine, just think of the rewards at the end 😋

Ive just taken mine out and its easier if you take tge grill out next to the ignition. You dont need to go upside down. 👍

I may do a video to show i did it. If i do i will post a link. 

Im still waiting for my new part. 

Gutley.

I have some questions for you.

1. I can’t view the post you did 22 hours ago even when I log in. Why?

2. When I use my registration no to identify my car and then hunt for switch pt n 4B0 905 849 It tells me it won’t fit my vehicle. Is this because it’s a VW part no?

3. What is a good reputable make (as cheap Chinese is usually a waste of money) and who do suggest as a supplier to verify the correct switch do you suggest ECP an Indy or Porsche (god forbid)

cheers 

46 minutes ago, Pordave said:

Gutley.

I have some questions for you.

1. I can’t view the post you did 22 hours ago even when I log in. Why?

2. When I use my registration no to identify my car and then hunt for switch pt n 4B0 905 849 It tells me it won’t fit my vehicle. Is this because it’s a VW part no?

3. What is a good reputable make (as cheap Chinese is usually a waste of money) and who do suggest as a supplier to verify the correct switch do you suggest ECP an Indy or Porsche (god forbid)

cheers 

1. Sorry no idea - Its on the 4th page of the Technical section.

2. That is the part number stamped on the one I took out the car and the one that came with the replacement set from Porsche

3. No idea, mine came from Porsche so have no idea who the OEM is.

Good luck

Archived