Update on my 986 - Picture Heavy

Apollo000

As I was away for a while I thought I would give a short update on what I've done, apologies for the pic heavy content.

The most obvious change is the Martini Livery, bought on eBay from Europe and applied by VK Graphics in Melksham - I was worried about the quality of the product but Kelvin from VK assured me they were a quality product. 

d6twRnC.jpg

v6MYLMY.jpg

ooTbmrV.jpg

So next was a a quick engine clean, more our of boredom than anything else.

zkIBuM4.jpg

l3L22SA.jpg

Lastly a poor DIY effort on the brake callipers but definitely a little smarter.

TyY3jlf.jpg

m5I5USd.jpg

CToQOBJ.jpg

I like the Martini stripes on the blue background.  Great for a Le Mans trip or similar events but personally not full time.  What did it cost?

Wheel nuts as a finishing touch - Hammerite silver is an almost perfect match.

Good work. Let me know if you want to meet up at somepoint as I am in Marlborough......

1 hour ago, ½cwt said:

I like the Martini stripes on the blue background.  Great for a Le Mans trip or similar events but personally not full time.  What did it cost?

I'm with you on the stripes. Looks very nice

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

The car is actually Atlas Grey but with differing light looks blue, black or sometimes grey. Cost was circa £170 for stripes and £160 for fitting, main reason apart from aesthetics was to cover up some peeling lacquer on the bonnet so cheaper than a respray and obviously I like it, not for everyone but thats why we all have individual cars!

Wheel nuts are getting replaced soon, well the ones that are starting to go around the shoulders - I was wondering which paint would match! Cheers for the Hammerite tip 🙂 

32 minutes ago, Apollo000 said:

The car is actually Atlas Grey but with differing light looks blue, black or sometimes grey. Cost was circa £170 for stripes and £160 for fitting, main reason apart from aesthetics was to cover up some peeling lacquer on the bonnet so cheaper than a respray and obviously I like it, not for everyone but thats why we all have individual cars!

Wheel nuts are getting replaced soon, well the ones that are starting to go around the shoulders - I was wondering which paint would match! Cheers for the Hammerite tip 🙂 

Given the peeling lacquer, a good solution, go All In!

Keep to 130Nm or 96lbft to protect the bolt shoulders.

2 hours ago, Apollo000 said:

was wondering which paint would match! Cheers for the Hammerite tip

If you're spraying try to do as light a coat as possible. I've found it comes off pretty easily when you put a wrench on there.

Archived