Exhaust bypass

V6reu

25 minutes ago, V6reu said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-BOXSTER-3-2-S-EXHAUST-BACK-BOX-BOXSTER-S-Eisenamann-Pierburg-EXHAUST-/283091269062
seen this as well , can’t find a good one for sale but I’m thinking that it would be possible to make one 

Looks like a Porsche Sports Exhaust I think.

1 minute ago, red rocket said:

Looks like a Porsche Sports Exhaust I think.

Yes it is but you can’t find a good one 

15 hours ago, V6reu said:

A nice idea but Id be slightly concerned about bolting on $900 worth of exhaust parts to a 20 year old exhaust. If my old one was anything to go by, then most of them will be rusted to hell around the seams unless you fortunate to live in a very warm part if the world.

Good to hear that the engine in the video was as whiney sounding as mine!😜

56 minutes ago, V6reu said:

Yes it is but you can’t find a good one 

That's because all the second hand ones are off crash damaged cars and are already 15+ years old. If you want a perfect one buy brand new. 

16 hours ago, V6reu said:

It's a neat idea and we'll packaged but the cost is very high for a discretionary luxury product part. 

I'd be inclinded to try the Crios mod rather than spend all that money, heard some videos on ebay and it sounds a good thing to do for free!!!

55 minutes ago, headless said:

I'd be inclinded to try the Crios mod rather than spend all that money, heard some videos on ebay and it sounds a good thing to do for free!!!

If you want to hear the Crios mod and various other exhaust you only need go to the sticky post in the Exhausts section here. 

6 hours ago, V6reu said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-BOXSTER-3-2-S-EXHAUST-BACK-BOX-BOXSTER-S-Eisenamann-Pierburg-EXHAUST-/283091269062
seen this as well , can’t find a good one for sale but I’m thinking that it would be possible to make one 

It is indeed possible to make a (non-swichable) copy of the PSE. Plenty on here have added or had them added (as some indys do them) to their cars. Costs to have it done seem to be £150 - £250.

Personally I really don't like these bypass modifications, they sound horrific. I have a friend of mine who has this modification on this 987 Cayman S, 0% tone and 100% noise. 

Depends what you're after I suppose but I'd go for a proper sports back-box all day long over one of these modifications. 

Archived