Clever Little Car

Tynesider

17 minutes ago, Jim b said:

Congratulations, mine passed today, no advisories, well chuffed. 

Yeah, congrats to you too, It's a good feeling when they go through with no advisories, especially when they are long in the tooth with age and miles!:thumbsup_anim:

(mind you it has had a lot of TLC and maintenance, hope someone looks after me when I get like that!)

I did get extension till November but decided to get it done to check it over. Had 4 drop links replaced as it was advised they had slight play last year. 

17 minutes ago, Dazzevans said:

Out of interest, is there an MOT checklist anywhere that you can do a "pre-MOT" by?

I always ask CPS to do a pre-MOT service for me to pick anything up that might cause an advisory or fail so it can be resolved before the test - not actually had an issue thus far but it makes me happier to take this approach.

33 minutes ago, Dazzevans said:

Out of interest, is there an MOT checklist anywhere that you can do a "pre-MOT" by?

Just MOT it, unless you want to have an unblemished MOT history.

Ironically, the only way to guarantee an unblemished history is to get bent MOTs.

5 minutes ago, Araf said:

Just MOT it, unless you want to have an unblemished MOT history.

Ironically, the only way to guarantee an unblemished history is to get bent MOTs.

Plus on an older car advisories give you the chance to demonstrate attention to maintenance if it doesn't crop up or fail on the advisory the following year.

Putting the same vehicle in the same condition on the same day in front of 6 different testers will get a range of results.

31 minutes ago, rowbos said:

I always ask CPS to do a pre-MOT service for me to pick anything up that might cause an advisory or fail so it can be resolved before the test - not actually had an issue thus far but it makes me happier to take this approach.

Sensible, which is very unlike you 🤔

My old girl since I bought her back has not failed an MOT, and when I bought her from new, the first 8yrs of ownership she never failed either, its when others owned her that it had a few failures crop up, but it was fixed straight away so hopefully not an indication of bad maintenance.

2 minutes ago, Mr96er said:

Oh come on! How could you not be moved by this...?

Quite easily?  Annoying then and hasn't improved with time.

5 hours ago, rowbos said:

Very true!

Still we could do with some Happy Talk these dark days 😬

6 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Quite easily?  Annoying then and hasn't improved with time.

Think my quote might apply in other circumstances too @rowbos???

Archived