Trying to identify Interior colour

Freddie

Hi folks,

I'm hoping to do some tidying inside the new S and would like to do a decent job on the console and seat backs etc. I can't, for the life of me, work out what this is called, it's a stone type texture, very hard and durable on the hard plastics in the cab (although 20 years of hammer is showing) and a softer, rubbery type feel on the seat backs. It's slightly sparkly, bit like a crackle texture to it.

I've trawled option codes on Stuttcars and used Charlies whats-his-chop's decoder but nothing refers directly to this. I see L12H for example meaning yellow, but when it comes to this there's nowt. It's the Sport Design Package, I think, but can't see what it includes other than the sporty seats. 

The only sticker code I can't track is simply 'AL'.

Has anyone seen this before or got any idea what it might be called so I can buy a rattle can of it, maybe? Have been looking at wrapping to match the body, but at the mo I prefer to keep original inside. Any help would be great, be great to get it looking tip top. I am sure there's something I've missed somewhere...

P.S. Seat belt loop button screw cover ordered, x2 :)

Z1jhOFQ.jpgmmWM1j3.jpg

Just looked a the parts listings for the backrest shell, no texture aluminium grey listed.  Possibly a PO's interior refresh.

Listed codes are: B12 - Black Grey non leather - the rest are leather - 8YR Black, C50 Graphite, G10 Metropol Blue, S30 Savanah, J30 Nephrite Green, M30 Boxster Red

5 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Just looked a the parts listings for the backrest shell, no texture aluminium grey listed.  Possibly a PO's interior refresh.

Listed codes are: B12 - Black Grey non leather - the rest are leather - 8YR Black, C50 Graphite, G10 Metropol Blue, S30 Savanah, J30 Nephrite Green, M30 Boxster Red

Thanks, C50 popped up on the radar as being the nearest to, I wonder if swatches are available. It’s the fact that it’s a speckled mixture of different tones that’s going to make it tricky to match without a code, I reckon. Worth doing though as the rest of the car is ace😎

1 minute ago, Freddie said:

Thanks, C50 popped up on the radar as being the nearest to, I wonder if swatches are available. It’s the fact that it’s a speckled mixture of different tones that’s going to make it tricky to match without a code, I reckon. Worth doing though as the rest of the car is ace😎

It is not a factory finish unless in the accessories listing so not in general parts.  My interior is C50 and looks nothing like that, just a plain mid grey.  Porsche don't seem to publish codes for all the colours they use on trims, for example on pre-facelift Boxster S models the rad grilles in the front bumper are 'Titanium Silver', but there is apparently no Porsche paint code that a body shop recognises for it although the parts are suffixed 9A4.  Has the PO maybe got the receipt for the work in the history, might have the painters that did the work (look pro and detailed, they even did the lower part of the handbrake) might refer to the finish.

38 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

It is not a factory finish unless in the accessories listing so not in general parts.  My interior is C50 and looks nothing like that, just a plain mid grey.  Porsche don't seem to publish codes for all the colours they use on trims, for example on pre-facelift Boxster S models the rad grilles in the front bumper are 'Titanium Silver', but there is apparently no Porsche paint code that a body shop recognises for it although the parts are suffixed 9A4.  Has the PO maybe got the receipt for the work in the history, might have the painters that did the work (look pro and detailed, they even did the lower part of the handbrake) might refer to the finish.

Thanks, that helps eliminate that one then, much appreciated. Nothing in the history but it does seem factory rather than after market 

21 minutes ago, GmanB said:

I found 3 colours in the 2010 catalogue, the base shell comes in 3 colours on the sports seats, B12 black-grey, C02 metal grey and V03 sport silver. 

Thanks for replying, will look those up. It’s dark out now but will look I the morning as I think the back of the roll hoops are the same finish, which might narrow down further. If I can’t find it then may consider doing it differently I.e. yellow L12H rather than a near match. Thanks again!

21 minutes ago, Freddie said:

Thanks for replying, will look those up. It’s dark out now but will look I the morning as I think the back of the roll hoops are the same finish, which might narrow down further. If I can’t find it then may consider doing it differently I.e. yellow L12H rather than a near match. Thanks again!

The centre console, lower handbrake and roll over hoops were possibly painted at some point to match the seat shells? Good luck sorting it and don't forget to post some pics once done. 👍 

Hi

One of the cars aI looked at while hunting for my 986 had a very similar interior in equally worn condition, so I would say it is factory. I think the standard interior wears much better in my experience.

Berni

7 hours ago, Berni29 said:

Hi

One of the cars aI looked at while hunting for my 986 had a very similar interior in equally worn condition, so I would say it is factory. I think the standard interior wears much better in my experience.

Berni

Thanks, looking at the ventilation panel which is the same colour, it also has the white printed markings on it so definitely factory. I'l paint it up somehow as close a colour as I can get so any new chips won't look too bad, thank you mate

8 hours ago, GmanB said:

I found 3 colours in the 2010 catalogue, the base shell comes in 3 colours on the sports seats, B12 black-grey, C02 metal grey and V03 sport silver. 

Success I think, on googline c02 metal grey I found this part that looks the same, pretty much confirming it for me, also my car is a sport design packaged which matches this description. Tenuous but I will follow the rabbit hole in this direction - C02 metal grey paint it is...

98655224102c02-p49271-cover-metallic-gre

https://www.rosepassion.com/en/98655224102c02-p49271-cover-metallic-grey-metallic-grey-c02-lacquer-option-sport-design-package-option-code-m012-P49271

This thing too, which looks brighter but closest I've seen

99655209601c02-p62424-shelf-metallic-gre

Thank you so much everyone for all the input, huge help in getting this car looking better, pics will follow when I'm sorted 👍

If you havent got option XSA (sports seats painted body colour) I would say its the Metal Grey C02

That seat back is only £80 from Porsche!

47 minutes ago, T911UK said:

If you havent got option XSA (sports seats painted body colour) I would say its the Metal Grey C02

That seat back is only £80 from Porsche!

Great @T911UK someone who rally knows their stuff as chipped in.  Not standard colour range but still a factory colour option.

Ridiculously cheap for the seat back given what they charge for the coloured Boxster S rad grilles.

Thanks @T911UK sounds right, very grateful for your input on this one, I'll see what I can get my hands on. Definitely no mention of XSA on the sticker.

Thanks as always, guys! Great knowledge knocking about here, really appreciate everyone's help😁

Quick update, am hoping to get a quote from a local trimmers who can do plastic resto, see what they say, seem very friendly guys, if it's not too dear I'll be stripping out the bits to take there  🤞

It is the sport design interior option - it added sports seats and the textured finish to the backs and centre console, door trims. Have you got a golf-ball finish on your dash and door tops? Embossed vinyl?

Option code P70.

includes: diamond pattern finish, black fascia, door trim, side panels front of centre console.

the colour is listed as paint,”metallic grey”

to Instrument surround, switch trim, central air vent, door handle cover, tube, instrument rings, door bins, c console, back rests etc.

and some leather bits...

That’s exactly it, 100%! Thank you very much indeed for posting that! I’ll print it out.

i rang Porsche this morning who have no idea or interest in it, so this is a real find, thanks a million.

No problem - if you haven't got it download the PET pdf from Porsche Classic (on porsche main website) that'll give you all the part numbers and the suffixes for colour.

The last three digits are the colour code where applicable, appended to the sandard 4-part code e.g. "996 552 125 03" is centre console - lacquered finish

The first three are obviously the model code (996 for ours , here), 552 is body related, interior trim IIRC, think the next are just seuqential, and the last two are part number revisions - so this could be if a part is updated (modified, or to show a different variant).

The 03 means its got some form of 'lacquered' paint that's not body paint, (which is 04) and then C02 on the end 'adds' the metal grey colour to the code.

Archived